RealTek audio driver on windows 10 1709 doesn't work anymore

Anonymous
2017-12-08T16:27:09+00:00

I recently upgraded my Dell XPS 9333 laptop from windows 10 1703 to 1709. Consequence: the sound device in the system tray is marked with a red cross. The RealTek audio doesn't work anymore.

Before the windows upgrade my RealTek audio driver was the most recent version. Removing and installing the RealTek audio driver doesn't solve the problem.

How can the problem be solved?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-05-15T15:46:10+00:00

    This worked for me after the Windows 10 Creators Update hosed my audio and no other fixes above worked.  (Windows 10 Home, Version 1803, OS build 17134.48, Dell XPS 8700, 64-bit).

    1.  Open the Realtek HD Audio control panel.  If you can’t find it, try going to C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA and double-click on one of the .exe files.  The one that worked for me was RtkNGUI64.exe, which brings up the Dell Audio manager on my system.

    2.  Click on Advanced.

    3.  Click on Jack Information.

    4.  Click on the Font Panel radio button.

    5.  Click on Front Speaker Out.

    6.  Click OK.

    7.  Adjust system volume if necessary by clicking on the Volume Control icon (speaker) at bottom left of your desktop.  Right-click to bring up the Volume Mixer to adjust volume levels for individual apps.

    Hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-05-08T15:31:30+00:00

    Same issue with MSI GT73.  Occured everytime with 1709.  I had to roll back to 1703.  Have tried all troubleshooting steps supplied in this thread (and then some).  Now 1803 is out, and cannot roll back.  I have a $2500 paperweight.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-12-14T19:53:42+00:00

    I only installed High Definition Audio Codecs (software).

    I didn't installed AC'97 Audio Codecs. Where can I find a version for windows 10? A software from a website that can be trusted?

    The ALC5621 (datasheets) is not a software, only a datasheet.

    Kind regards,

    Luc

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-12-09T21:26:21+00:00

    Three types of sound driver:

    I use the High Definition Audio Codecs. You may have different hardware.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-12-09T20:25:29+00:00

    I tried several alternatives:

    Alternative 1:

    • download from the Dell site (is also recommended by RealTek):

    https://www.dell.com/support/home/be/nl/bebsdt1/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=7776F

    • This doesn't solve the problem.

    Alternative 2

    • download from the RealTek site:

    http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

    (64 bits version, because I'm using windows10 64 bits).

    • This doesn't solve the problem.

    In both alternatives the old driver is removed, then the PC is restarted. Then the new driver is installed followed by a reboot. The installations were successfull.

    Can you illustrate your response with the correct URL's? What do you mean with 3 versions?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments