.Docx files are not showing word icon but only white plain icon (Windows 10)

Anonymous
2018-01-27T12:53:51+00:00

There is no problem in the process of opening of the files in word. it is just not showing the icon.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-03-10T21:09:34+00:00

    This! Took me 5 minutes to complete and I have my Word icon back for .docx files. Thanks for sharing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-03-19T17:07:07+00:00

    Thank you very much, it worked.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-04-01T06:36:04+00:00

    I can confirm that this worked perfectly as described for me too!
    After the registry update, I also had to use Wordpad as default and then go back to use Microsoft Word as default. 
    I use Office 365. 
    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-09T09:32:46+00:00

    This works for me too.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-06-11T18:20:44+00:00

    What I did and it worked for me was: I opened Windows 10 settings -> Apps -> Default Apps -> Set defaults by app -> Word. Clicked Manage. On the list, I looked for .docx and clicked on the Word icon. When they asked to choose the app, I clicked Word again and Voila!.

    Rgds,

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments