.Docx files are not showing word icon but only white plain icon (Windows 10)

Anonymous
2018-01-27T12:53:51+00:00

There is no problem in the process of opening of the files in word. it is just not showing the icon.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-07-07T09:09:54+00:00

    Thank you for your patience on this one. Were you able to try the option one from the link?

    Update us with the results after doing the steps and restarting your computer.

    I also have this problem. None of the fixes supplied so far works. 

    Please help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-07-26T20:53:03+00:00

    Thank you for your patience on this one. Were you able to try the option one from the link?

    Update us with the results after doing the steps and restarting your computer.

    I also have this problem. None of the fixes supplied so far works. 

    Please help. 

    None of the fixes above are working for me either. Have there been any updates that can help us resolve this issue?

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-09-23T04:00:58+00:00

    I'm facing this problem too. Please come up with an update fix. It's troubling me cause I can't differentiate the file type (pptx, docx) efficiently. It's all mixed up.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-10-03T13:17:37+00:00

    Just bought Microsoft Surface laptop with Windows 10.  I have this problem too (white/blank icons instead of showing me if the docs are PPT, xl or Word etc). It is proper annoying to spend nearly CHF2K (laptop and MS Office Home & Business 2016) and then have these issues. None of the fixes I found so far online work.  Please tell me how to fix this, thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-10-06T06:44:41+00:00

    Just bought Microsoft Surface laptop with Windows 10.  I have this problem too (white/blank icons instead of showing me if the docs are PPT, xl or Word etc). It is proper annoying to spend nearly CHF2K (laptop and MS Office Home & Business 2016) and then have these issues. None of the fixes I found so far online work.  Please tell me how to fix this, thanks.

    I'm having the same problem with Word .docx files (word icon shows for .doc files tho) and it ONLY started happening after the Windows update the other day.  I have run the Office Repair and even re-installed Office and that fixed Excel, PowerPoint & Access but not Word.  What have you guys done?  It took me quite a while to get my desktop functioning the way it was pre-update.  Can you please fix whatever you've broken with the most recent update!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments