.Docx files are not showing word icon but only white plain icon (Windows 10)

Anonymous
2018-01-27T12:53:51+00:00

There is no problem in the process of opening of the files in word. it is just not showing the icon.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2018-11-26T12:45:52+00:00

    In my case windows knows to open files with word, it just don't show me.

    All icons are ok but .docx

    I even uninstalled the whole office and installed anew and restarted the notebook several times.

    I even tried to rebuild the icon cache by erasing files; as provided by some online fixes, however failed in erasing two files!

    Any idea?

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-11-23T04:36:47+00:00

    I have this problem too and it persist even after a full clean office re-insallation.

    The problem is for .DOCX only; there is no problem with old .DOC files.

    By the way the are a lot of files showing word like icons with an inward arrow on top right, which appear as backup files!

    What are these files?

    Looks to me that it is caused by latest update of windows 10.

    Update goes wrong?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-10-09T08:14:59+00:00

    Hi, thanks a lot for your suggestion. In the meantime the problem seemed to fix itself....there were some updates and when I started up the next day all the icons were there, but for sure it was not because I did something specific or found a magical fix etc.  Cheers for taking the time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-10-09T02:29:27+00:00

    I tried all the office "Repair" features to no avail.

    Just now I right-clicked on a word file and selected "open with" and selected Word again and that fixed it, so give that a try.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments