Dear K Tech:
Thank you so much for responding to my question. I fixed the registry on my computer by following the steps outlined by another respondent, but I'm sure you're solution would have worked as well. All the best.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
There is no problem in the process of opening of the files in word. it is just not showing the icon.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Dear K Tech:
Thank you so much for responding to my question. I fixed the registry on my computer by following the steps outlined by another respondent, but I'm sure you're solution would have worked as well. All the best.
What worked for me was finding a system with a good Office 365 installation where Word icons were showing correctly. I exported out the entire .docx registry key on the known good system. Then, on the system that had the missing word icon, I did the following:
These steps are all mostly from this post. However, the approach with the registry along with the sequence above worked for me.
i was having an issue with right click new word document wasnt in the menu, and i had white icons on my word documents
i went here
and did the registry fix for the missing menu and it allowed me to right click the file and select open with word and the icons came back.
Thank you very much,
it worked.
The Repair Office From Control Panel just uninstalled and installed Office suit back on. This did not resolved the issue. I had to associate that file with any other application and the back to Word in order for it to show it.