.Docx files are not showing word icon but only white plain icon (Windows 10)

Anonymous
2018-01-27T12:53:51+00:00

There is no problem in the process of opening of the files in word. it is just not showing the icon.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-09T09:32:46+00:00

    This works for me too.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-09-02T05:44:41+00:00

    This worked for me. Thanks!

    Mine 'NO WORD ICON SYNDROME' happened when I installed Office ProPlus. I also upgraded my Visio and Project to 2019.

    It not only turned the Word files white but also grayed out links to many Microsoft products.

    When I try to change default icon the only option I get is Word selection.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2018-10-09T08:14:59+00:00

    Hi, thanks a lot for your suggestion. In the meantime the problem seemed to fix itself....there were some updates and when I started up the next day all the icons were there, but for sure it was not because I did something specific or found a magical fix etc.  Cheers for taking the time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-01-28T20:46:45+00:00

    Thank you for your patience on this one. Were you able to try the option one from the link?

    Update us with the results after doing the steps and restarting your computer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments