This! Took me 5 minutes to complete and I have my Word icon back for .docx files. Thanks for sharing.
.Docx files are not showing word icon but only white plain icon (Windows 10)
There is no problem in the process of opening of the files in word. it is just not showing the icon.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
50 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2021-03-10T21:09:34+00:00 -
Anonymous
2020-06-25T21:41:04+00:00 The Repair Office From Control Panel just uninstalled and installed Office suit back on. This did not resolved the issue. I had to associate that file with any other application and the back to Word in order for it to show it.
-
Anonymous
2019-05-30T10:31:22+00:00 I'm having the same issue. I installed Office 365 everything worked fine, when I installed Project Professional 2016; the icon on the DOCX file changed to white plain icon. I have tried everything I could find to resolve nothing works.
Doesn't seem Microsoft is doing much to resolve this since this seems to have been going on for so time now.
-
Anonymous
2019-04-05T21:27:18+00:00 That did not help
-
Anonymous
2018-01-28T09:49:22+00:00 We appreciate your response. This could be caused by a corrupted icon cache. To reset the icon cache on Windows 10, kindly check the linkposted by Doug Robbins - Word MVP on September 15, 2015 in this thread.
Should you have further queries, feel free to post it.
went on the website, chosen option 2 and executed the instruction provided.
But problem still persists.