.Docx files are not showing word icon but only white plain icon (Windows 10)

Anonymous
2018-01-27T12:53:51+00:00

There is no problem in the process of opening of the files in word. it is just not showing the icon.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-08-18T07:32:25+00:00

    It helped me. Thanks a lot.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-07-31T01:58:07+00:00

    Please help, this did not work for me. Although I might have done it wrong? Even the powerpoints and excel files have white icons only.🥺

    Also how do you import registry keys, I only see the option to export. Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-07-16T00:36:59+00:00

    This worked for me. I followed from Step 3 as Step 1 and 2 are already in the system. Thanks a lot.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-12-27T19:21:20+00:00

    I also have only 'shell" and no "icon handler" with Office 2019

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-12-27T18:54:53+00:00

    Thankyou, this worked perfectly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments