Intel Wireless Bluetooth not working

Anonymous
2018-01-02T00:34:24+00:00

I started my computer today and noticed I couldn't use my bluetooth devices. When I went to the Device Manager, I noticed my Intel Wireless Bluetooth was not working properly. The error message "This device cannot start. (Code 10) STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE" displays in preferences. I've done the following already and still have the issue:

Disable and Enable the device

Check Windows update

Check device for updated driver software

Checked Intel for updated driver sofware

Run the Windows Bluetooth troubleshooter

Run the Windows Hardware and Devices troubleshooter

Uninstalled the device and driver software, rebooted and scanned for hardware changes to reinstall the device, reinstalled the driver software

I did that last one twice. The only thing I can get to happen is the device seems to cycle between "working properly" and the error message at least 20 times before finally deciding  "This device cannot start. (Code 10) STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE"

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Network & internet

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-02-12T09:02:51+00:00

    Ok this one took me a little while to fix.

    The wife's PC uses blue tooth mouse and keyboard that suddenly stopped working one day. When i checked it had this exact same error that you have here. After following some of the posts that have replied to you and having no luck checked out the Intel website and installed their driver assistant app (https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/support/detect.html).

    The intel assistant told me that the Bluetooth drivers were up to date but theWifidrivers where not - updating this driver instead actually  fixed the error with the bluetooth

    My theory for why this worked is that Wifi & Bluetooth appeared to be on the same chip so when the driver versions for each don't match we get these errors.

    I hope this helps!

    Thank you very much  - this solved my problem which came after Windows update

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-02-12T09:55:42+00:00

    Ok this one took me a little while to fix.

    The wife's PC uses blue tooth mouse and keyboard that suddenly stopped working one day. When i checked it had this exact same error that you have here. After following some of the posts that have replied to you and having no luck checked out the Intel website and installed their driver assistant app (https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/support/detect.html).

    The intel assistant told me that the Bluetooth drivers were up to date but theWifidrivers where not - updating this driver instead actually  fixed the error with the bluetooth

    My theory for why this worked is that Wifi & Bluetooth appeared to be on the same chip so when the driver versions for each don't match we get these errors.

    I hope this helps!

    Sorry i missed this reply previously it solved my issue too thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-02-12T13:14:00+00:00

    After days I've my problem solved, now I did this and now it's broken again.

    It ruined my day. :(

    I am so sad.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-05-07T08:53:34+00:00

    Can you give a walkthrough.I seen the post,but unclear of how they fix it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-05-07T13:10:57+00:00

    I can only remember talking (chat) with an MS employee, who told me to reinstall the driver, but cant now remember the trick. Best to contact MS support chat.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments