Intel Wireless Bluetooth not working

Anonymous
2018-01-02T00:34:24+00:00

I started my computer today and noticed I couldn't use my bluetooth devices. When I went to the Device Manager, I noticed my Intel Wireless Bluetooth was not working properly. The error message "This device cannot start. (Code 10) STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE" displays in preferences. I've done the following already and still have the issue:

Disable and Enable the device

Check Windows update

Check device for updated driver software

Checked Intel for updated driver sofware

Run the Windows Bluetooth troubleshooter

Run the Windows Hardware and Devices troubleshooter

Uninstalled the device and driver software, rebooted and scanned for hardware changes to reinstall the device, reinstalled the driver software

I did that last one twice. The only thing I can get to happen is the device seems to cycle between "working properly" and the error message at least 20 times before finally deciding  "This device cannot start. (Code 10) STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE"

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Network & internet

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-09-23T18:12:08+00:00

    The generic driver didn't work for me, however I selected the previous driver to the one that was malfunctioning and have regained the use of Bluetooth. Thanks for the heads up.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-12-11T20:47:56+00:00

    Thanks, this sorted our problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-12-30T22:34:42+00:00

    Thank you!

    After trying everything else I was able to find (driver reinstalling, troubleshooting etc.) this worked as charm - all bluetooth devices were back and bluetooth started working.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-02-04T08:23:46+00:00

    I have the exact same issue and my problem here is I cant install the latest driver from my manufacturer.When I uninstall the driver from the device manager it becames an unknown device thats ok but it automatically changes back to bluetooth device again.I have disabled the option in device installation settings but i still cant get rid of this situation. I literally cant install the latest driver from the web page cause windows automatically installs untill i click on the setup.exe.Also it thinks it loaded the latest version but the hardware id provided in the support page of the manufacturer is different. 

    In brief:

    I downloaded this from ASUS web page

    Intel BlueTooth driver

    Intel 8260 Bluetooth Driver

    Please press Start key to search “Device Manager”, select ”Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R)” Details Hardware Ids check the value isUSB\VID_8087&PID_0A2B

    but even after i run the setup.exe and done with the installation successfully i get this image (as you can see the hardware id's are different)

    Edit:The driver id you see in the picture belongs the previous version(i.e17.1.1529.1620)of the driver in the Asus support page but i need the newest version (i.e18.1.1539.2349) i dont want to apply complex solutions i just want windows to let me install the latest driver please thanks. 

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-02-05T01:38:36+00:00

    Im still having this exact issue and its beyond frustrating...

    Ive tried everything in this thread to no avail. Still have the Intel Wireless Bluetooth driver with the orange exclamation mark.

    I need this to work!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments