Intel Wireless Bluetooth not working

Anonymous
2018-01-02T00:34:24+00:00

I started my computer today and noticed I couldn't use my bluetooth devices. When I went to the Device Manager, I noticed my Intel Wireless Bluetooth was not working properly. The error message "This device cannot start. (Code 10) STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE" displays in preferences. I've done the following already and still have the issue:

Disable and Enable the device

Check Windows update

Check device for updated driver software

Checked Intel for updated driver sofware

Run the Windows Bluetooth troubleshooter

Run the Windows Hardware and Devices troubleshooter

Uninstalled the device and driver software, rebooted and scanned for hardware changes to reinstall the device, reinstalled the driver software

I did that last one twice. The only thing I can get to happen is the device seems to cycle between "working properly" and the error message at least 20 times before finally deciding  "This device cannot start. (Code 10) STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE"

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Network & internet

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-04-30T17:38:27+00:00

    Any update yet? This is a serious problem which isn't helped by techs telling people to reinstall windows.

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-04-24T19:27:15+00:00

    To anyone still encountering this issue,

    Microsoft is aware of an issue having to do with Intel drivers conflicting with Bluetooth drivers, resulting in a loss of Bluetooth functionality and possibly the actual Bluetooth icon/button itself. We are actively investigating the issue and I will reply back to this thread once I have an update.

    Sorry for your troubles!

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-01-04T01:28:00+00:00

    Doing a System Restore or Re-installing Windows 10 using Windows installation media will be our last option, you must back-up all your files to make sure you will not lose important files. There is also a possibility that the card is no longer working as it should be, just likes what you have mentioned. You may also contact the manufacturer of your computer to have it check.

    Regards,

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-01-03T15:48:26+00:00

    I did that yesterday. I'm thinking my card is fried.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-01-03T08:27:37+00:00

    Thank you for keeping us updated, please perform a System restore. You will not lose any personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made. Please follow these steps:

    1. Select the Start  button, type control paneland****then choose it from the list of results.
    2. Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    3. Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    4. Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

    If you’re not seeing any restore points, it might be because system protection isn’t turned on. To check, go to the Control Panel, search for Recovery, and then select Recovery > Configure System Restore > Configure and make sure Turn on system protection is selected.

    Regards,

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments