Intel Wireless Bluetooth not working

Anonymous
2018-01-02T00:34:24+00:00

I started my computer today and noticed I couldn't use my bluetooth devices. When I went to the Device Manager, I noticed my Intel Wireless Bluetooth was not working properly. The error message "This device cannot start. (Code 10) STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE" displays in preferences. I've done the following already and still have the issue:

Disable and Enable the device

Check Windows update

Check device for updated driver software

Checked Intel for updated driver sofware

Run the Windows Bluetooth troubleshooter

Run the Windows Hardware and Devices troubleshooter

Uninstalled the device and driver software, rebooted and scanned for hardware changes to reinstall the device, reinstalled the driver software

I did that last one twice. The only thing I can get to happen is the device seems to cycle between "working properly" and the error message at least 20 times before finally deciding  "This device cannot start. (Code 10) STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE"

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Network & internet

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-05-24T03:24:25+00:00

    this last round of Windows finally pushed me to install backdoor Kali Linux on my HP Pavilion and the HP Envy os got corrupted by an explorer issue I guess....

    As I once again was downloading yet another new, clean version of Windows 10 installation media I thought to myself, must have had five OS installations since 1803 release

    Would definitely recommend going to Intels website to download all things Intel.....

    AS i get more comfortable with Kali Linux I just might go to the darkside and leave microsoft altogether.......

    Everything through the Redmond release has been a Microsoft that made me sad....

    Ben with Microsoft a long time but its only fair to me to find a stable operating system with far less anxiety and countless hours trying to learn how to prevent the next creators update to run willy nilly with scissors through my HPs....

    Several years later and all those original licensing authentication issues still persists....

    Will always like some WIN but I'm done being my own IT guy, all the infinite ways to make my HP into a paperweight.... Microsoft should hang there heads in shame.... If I did a job that caused this much international damage, I would be jobless...

    Best wishes to all, I apologize for my disheartening rant but hey, I finally delve deeper into open source everything...

    Ive always wanted to play in Kali Linux and now I have my chance.

    I'm greatly relieved and impressed so far in regards to Kali Linux.

    In time I won't remember all this fuss...

    best of luck to you all....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-05-24T02:22:59+00:00

    Are you still having this issue? I just got this issue yesterday and i still cant fix it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-05-07T19:42:38+00:00

    Thanks for the quick reply.I will take it to geek squad,I think it's fried.It flicker then I'm hit with the yellow triangle indicating there's a problem.Oh well Thanks again my friend for a speedy reply.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-05-07T13:10:57+00:00

    I can only remember talking (chat) with an MS employee, who told me to reinstall the driver, but cant now remember the trick. Best to contact MS support chat.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-05-07T08:53:34+00:00

    Can you give a walkthrough.I seen the post,but unclear of how they fix it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments