Intel Wireless Bluetooth not working

Anonymous
2018-01-02T00:34:24+00:00

I started my computer today and noticed I couldn't use my bluetooth devices. When I went to the Device Manager, I noticed my Intel Wireless Bluetooth was not working properly. The error message "This device cannot start. (Code 10) STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE" displays in preferences. I've done the following already and still have the issue:

Disable and Enable the device

Check Windows update

Check device for updated driver software

Checked Intel for updated driver sofware

Run the Windows Bluetooth troubleshooter

Run the Windows Hardware and Devices troubleshooter

Uninstalled the device and driver software, rebooted and scanned for hardware changes to reinstall the device, reinstalled the driver software

I did that last one twice. The only thing I can get to happen is the device seems to cycle between "working properly" and the error message at least 20 times before finally deciding  "This device cannot start. (Code 10) STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE"

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Network & internet

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-12-30T22:34:42+00:00

    Thank you!

    After trying everything else I was able to find (driver reinstalling, troubleshooting etc.) this worked as charm - all bluetooth devices were back and bluetooth started working.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-12-11T20:47:56+00:00

    Thanks, this sorted our problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-08-05T04:19:24+00:00

    Hope everyone is finding their way through this chaos.

    I'm up and running my Intel Bluetooth in Windows 10 thanks to Intel finally releasing some alternatives, in my case driver version; 20.60.0.4

    It came complete with a clean digital signer by none other then our friends at Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher, and then there was rejoicing throughout the lands ha ha....

    Feels like January through May 2018 were seriously bad for anyone owning an HP...

    It took me a lot of time and patience but I finally have both my HP Envy and Pavilion up and running on Windows 10 with no apparent glitches (tempting the fates ha ha).

    Thanks to everyone for their hard work and diligence!!!

    Best wishes.

    Pete

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-06-14T15:26:57+00:00

    Hi,

    Our company in the Netherlands has a few Thousand of Lenovo's with the Intel Wireless/ Bluetooth.

    They have all the same problem, Talking to Micosoft and to Intel. Just frustration for more than half a year.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-05-29T04:29:09+00:00

    Is there an update to this known issue with intel?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments