Totally agree. On top of that, they somehow changed how I archive documents and even how I can go back to an earlier version. It's now going to take me several hours to (a) get my settings back to the way I want them, not how some techie at Microsoft thinks I want them, and (b) to figure out why I should possibly click "don't save" with newly updated/messed up Word in order to be able to go back one version. Worse, the instructions at Microsoft don't work.
Windows 10 update changed my personal settings---WHY???
Feature update to Windows 10, version 1709 just installed itself on my computer. I checked the details of the so-called new features. There's absolutely nothing there that I need or want. But I had no choice. During the update, Microsoft changed my display language and turned on password protected sharing. It also deleted the quick start toolbar from my taskbar. There may be other changes that I haven't found yet.
At no time during the update did I receive any notification about these changes. Every time Windows 10 updates, I have to spend hours tracking down and fixing unwanted changes.
Why do you do these things, Microsoft? Is there a setting that lets me protect my personalization settings from your stupid unwanted "feature" updates?
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2018-12-17T20:56:46+00:00 -
Anonymous
2019-01-19T21:26:29+00:00 I have the same question!!! I even had a hard time getting to system restore this time so I could find a restore point. I was finally able to get to one two weeks ago. Two weeks worth of work down the tubes!