I lost my desktop settings. I tried to go to cortana to find Feedback Hub and it said no results found for 'feedback hub'. Really?
Windows 10 update changed my personal settings---WHY???
Feature update to Windows 10, version 1709 just installed itself on my computer. I checked the details of the so-called new features. There's absolutely nothing there that I need or want. But I had no choice. During the update, Microsoft changed my display language and turned on password protected sharing. It also deleted the quick start toolbar from my taskbar. There may be other changes that I haven't found yet.
At no time during the update did I receive any notification about these changes. Every time Windows 10 updates, I have to spend hours tracking down and fixing unwanted changes.
Why do you do these things, Microsoft? Is there a setting that lets me protect my personalization settings from your stupid unwanted "feature" updates?
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2018-01-20T20:35:58+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-01-22T20:50:48+00:00 Having the same problems! Wiped out my task bar, hidden icons task bar, sound button , google-had to re-install, Quickbooks- had to re-install, and my start button with the first features update. Worked on it for a complete week. Got it fixed then the fall creations comes along and I cannot send e-mails from quickbooks to outlook. Had to re-pair to fix imap problems. 2x.... I would prefer to pass on future updates unless it is necessary for security.
-
Anonymous
2018-01-25T17:53:33+00:00 Hi Sandra,
You can temporarily prevent Windows Update from installing. Refer to this article on how to temporarily prevent update from installing. You can also submit a feedback through our Feedback Hub to help our development team investigate and review your concern.
Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.
-
Anonymous
2018-02-09T05:43:29+00:00 What you just said is all a load of crock! I have disabled the updates in registry, option menu and services but windows 10 keeps enabling them
Windows 10 by microsoft keeps infringing on my paid software on my paid computer and on my paid windows 10 operating os and infringes on my freedom choice and tramples on our liberty of expression. Micrsoft should be charged for crimes against humanity and for taking away our choice for which system users can use.
Its against every thing the declararion independance states about our freedom and liberty acts. You microsoft have forced us to use a system we the general public dislike.
-
Anonymous
2018-02-18T04:57:21+00:00 What you just said is all a load of crock! I have disabled the updates in registry, option menu and services but windows 10 keeps enabling them
Windows 10 by microsoft keeps infringing on my paid software on my paid computer and on my paid windows 10 operating os and infringes on my freedom choice and tramples on our liberty of expression. Micrsoft should be charged for crimes against humanity and for taking away our choice for which system users can use.
Its against every thing the declararion independance states about our freedom and liberty acts. You microsoft have forced us to use a system we the general public dislike.
Microsoft should pay us to use their damn operating system.
I wonder if UNIX is any better?