Bluetooth adapter device cannot start (code 10)

Anonymous
2017-11-05T02:13:33+00:00

Greetings,

After installing the Fall Creators update, I started experiencing problems with my bluetooth adapter driver (Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R)). The device manager gives

so I cannot connect any bluetooth device to my PC. I tried re-installing the adapter driver (by removing it entirely from my PC then reinstalling from Intel's website, my motherboard's DVD, etc.) which did not correct the problem, noting that it has always been in the latest version. I have used other things provided by Microsoft such as the installation/uninstallation troubleshooter, which suggested that the registries may have not properly been removed. This appeared to be the case, though this did not resolve the driver issue. Uninstalling the update and repeating the above did not fix this either. Any suggestions as how to proceed?

I note that the bluetooth adapter driver is fully functioning on my dual-booted Manjaro operating system.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-08-17T17:44:09+00:00

    I get an error on the pc when i run both of the commands.

    Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .dll files.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-08-18T16:29:38+00:00

    I found a fix uninstalled ur Bluetooth driver, disable fast startup in power setting and then turn of your computer for 5 sec and turn it back on, Windows 10 will auto reinstall driver for you when your pc turn back on if not download the driver and install it urself. I believe fast startup doesn't turn off your pc completely when you restart or shut down and that's what costing the problem.

    Credit does not go toward me, I found this somewhere else when I was searching on my phone but I forgot where.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-08-20T14:10:03+00:00

    No change at all in my system.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-10-19T15:57:56+00:00

    Hello! I have the same computer and I added a second drive. Everything looks good except for the bluetooth driver. I will be trying some of the options but I think I will bring it back to the guy that did the drive change.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-11-30T05:30:19+00:00

    Hi,

    I have also the same code 10 with the external blue tooth USB CSR 4.0 that I am trying to use in my computer

    I am using an ACER Aspire E15 and running on windows 10

    Can you help me?

    Cheers

    Thomas

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments