Bluetooth adapter device cannot start (code 10)

Anonymous
2017-11-05T02:13:33+00:00

Greetings,

After installing the Fall Creators update, I started experiencing problems with my bluetooth adapter driver (Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R)). The device manager gives

so I cannot connect any bluetooth device to my PC. I tried re-installing the adapter driver (by removing it entirely from my PC then reinstalling from Intel's website, my motherboard's DVD, etc.) which did not correct the problem, noting that it has always been in the latest version. I have used other things provided by Microsoft such as the installation/uninstallation troubleshooter, which suggested that the registries may have not properly been removed. This appeared to be the case, though this did not resolve the driver issue. Uninstalling the update and repeating the above did not fix this either. Any suggestions as how to proceed?

I note that the bluetooth adapter driver is fully functioning on my dual-booted Manjaro operating system.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-08-18T16:29:38+00:00

    I found a fix uninstalled ur Bluetooth driver, disable fast startup in power setting and then turn of your computer for 5 sec and turn it back on, Windows 10 will auto reinstall driver for you when your pc turn back on if not download the driver and install it urself. I believe fast startup doesn't turn off your pc completely when you restart or shut down and that's what costing the problem.

    Credit does not go toward me, I found this somewhere else when I was searching on my phone but I forgot where.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-08-17T17:44:09+00:00

    I get an error on the pc when i run both of the commands.

    Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .dll files.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-08-17T15:57:51+00:00

    Based on the information you've provided this issue were likely due to a missing or corrupted btmshellex.dll files on your PC. To troubleshoot this issue, we recommend that re-register btmshellex.dll files. To do so, kindly follow these steps:

    1. Click Start, type CMD, right-click on it and select Run as Administrator.
    2. In the elevated Command Prompt, type regsvr32 /u btmshellex.dll, then press E nter. This will unregister the dll file.
    3. In the elevated Command Prompt, type regsvr32 btmshellex.dll, then press E nter. This will register the dll file.
    4. Once done, restart your computer.

    If in case the issue persists, we recommend that you contact your motherboard's manufacturer. They will be able to provide you recommendations that will be able to resolve your Bluetooth driver concern.

    Let us know if you have further questions.

    Hello,

    I am having the exact same problem with regards to my bluetooth not working and the same error message in the device manager section.

    I am running an Acer TC-780 and i contacted both Acer and Intel several times. They both provided me with solutions that did not work.

    I do not know what to do anymore and i wish i could fix my problem as I have not only my audio running on bluetooth, but my keyboard and mouse as well.

    Please let me know if there is anything you can suggest

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-08-03T14:01:55+00:00

    Hey i am having the same exact error and i have an asus rog GL552VW and it worked perfectly until I received the bluescreen of death and had to reinstall windows via usb. Please help me fix this its very important to me as i use it for controllers for games.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-06-12T12:06:26+00:00

    I get the error 10 all the time and cannot seem to get rid of it.  I have gone to using my webcam microphone and when the intel bluetooth fails (every reboot) I uninstall and reinstall and they work on a speaker level.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments