Bluetooth adapter device cannot start (code 10)

Anonymous
2017-11-05T02:13:33+00:00

Greetings,

After installing the Fall Creators update, I started experiencing problems with my bluetooth adapter driver (Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R)). The device manager gives

so I cannot connect any bluetooth device to my PC. I tried re-installing the adapter driver (by removing it entirely from my PC then reinstalling from Intel's website, my motherboard's DVD, etc.) which did not correct the problem, noting that it has always been in the latest version. I have used other things provided by Microsoft such as the installation/uninstallation troubleshooter, which suggested that the registries may have not properly been removed. This appeared to be the case, though this did not resolve the driver issue. Uninstalling the update and repeating the above did not fix this either. Any suggestions as how to proceed?

I note that the bluetooth adapter driver is fully functioning on my dual-booted Manjaro operating system.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-03-21T19:31:07+00:00

    This worked for me as well! Suddenly got the exact same problem today and was desperate. Thanks so much LeoL93!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-01-21T10:54:05+00:00

    Thank you!!!!!

    The "quick" restart thing was definitely the culprit!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-01-14T00:52:33+00:00

    i am having the same problem with my CyberPower PC   ... windows updated automatically and now the BlueTooth gives me the same error

    This device cannot start. (Code 10)

    STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE

    reinstalling driver does not work,  it says you have the most updated driver..

    Why ?????

    I cannot even delete the Dll to download a new one thinking that the file is corrupt....

    any suggestions  - Mr. Gates

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-12-05T07:48:56+00:00

    I am having this problem for the second time now. This happened back in June after a Windows Update. It happened again after the latest Windows Update. The problem seems to be something in the Windows Update.

    Last time I fixed in by correcting an invalid entry that was caused by the update, in the registry. I got this fix suggested from a forum on another website. This time I am not finding a fix at all for this, other than reinstalling Windows which works, but then does the same thing again after running the latest Windows Update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-11-30T05:30:19+00:00

    Hi,

    I have also the same code 10 with the external blue tooth USB CSR 4.0 that I am trying to use in my computer

    I am using an ACER Aspire E15 and running on windows 10

    Can you help me?

    Cheers

    Thomas

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments