"Sorry, we couldn't connect to Microsoft services right now." message pops up when I try and add my account onto my Windows 8 computer

Anonymous
2017-10-08T17:23:09+00:00

Hi,

I recently got a computer from someone, with their Microsoft account still signed in on the computer. I have another laptop signed into a Microsoft account and would like this computer to be synced with it. I have tried several times to sign into my account under 'add account'. I entered my email address, and hit 'next', and a message popped up saying, "Sorry, we couldn't connect to Microsoft services right now." I am able to browse the internet, and my computer shows that I have a wireless network connected to it.

I would really appreciate any help I could get on this problem, because I only have trouble signing into my account on my computer's 'add an account' setting, and can sign into it on the internet fine.

Thanks in advance!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-10-12T23:09:16+00:00

I did a full refresh/restore and now the service is back running.  I think they fixed something on the "back end".  

Good luck to everyone.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-10-07T19:18:40+00:00

    I've reinstalled windows 8.1 in my Surface 3 and now I can't login anymore!!! It was working fine before! I tried resetting again, this time a full clean, and the problem persists. Then I downloaded all the updates... no solution. Very frustrating, I need for my work! Please, anyone?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-10-07T22:16:31+00:00

    SOLUTION: create a new account in settings. It´s not the final solution, I can't access things in my cloud, but at least I can use Microsoft services, the Store, Onenote, etc.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-10-07T22:19:41+00:00

    SOLUTION: create a new account in settings. It´s not the final solution, I can't access things in my cloud, but at least I can use Microsoft services, the Store, Onenote, etc. 

    I tried, it doesn't even let me get to the screen where you type new account information. I just get a blank white window...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-10-07T23:17:34+00:00

    For me it worked. In windows 8.1. Go to PC Settings > Accounts > Other accounts > Add an account > Sign up for a new email address.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments