I did a full refresh/restore and now the service is back running. I think they fixed something on the "back end".
Good luck to everyone.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi,
I recently got a computer from someone, with their Microsoft account still signed in on the computer. I have another laptop signed into a Microsoft account and would like this computer to be synced with it. I have tried several times to sign into my account under 'add account'. I entered my email address, and hit 'next', and a message popped up saying, "Sorry, we couldn't connect to Microsoft services right now." I am able to browse the internet, and my computer shows that I have a wireless network connected to it.
I would really appreciate any help I could get on this problem, because I only have trouble signing into my account on my computer's 'add an account' setting, and can sign into it on the internet fine.
Thanks in advance!
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I did a full refresh/restore and now the service is back running. I think they fixed something on the "back end".
Good luck to everyone.
I'm having this issue when trying to add another account to my HP Stream Windows 8.1 laptop.
The thing is, I've not updated this laptop since 2016. It works perfectly.
My own account logs in fine and I can use everything, I just can't add a new account to the laptop, which I need to do, and that's when I get this error message.
Most frustrating.
I am also having this problem. I had some problems with Onedrive and MS support said to make the account local and back MS and I am stuck with local. Thanks Microsoft. I ended up doing full reinstall and I lost all the apps and passwords.
This is a microsoft issue just had it confirmed by a technician, after running through absolutely every option even a full system reset and 2 days of remote access to my pc the support assistant finally said it was a microsoft issue and their engineers were working to rectify the issue but could not say when it would be sorted! So their advice was to just try and log in with your micrsoft account on a daily basis! Not the best but at least you know it's a problem at their end and not yours! Hope that helps 😁
I've had this issue for three days two of which I was assisted remotely by Microsoft support agent to find the issue. I even factory reset my pc only to be told at the end that is its a microsoft issue and their enigineers are working to rectify the problem. The solution was to try to log on daily as they could not give a time frame of when it will be sorted hope that helps before they tell you to reset yours don't do it