I did a full refresh/restore and now the service is back running. I think they fixed something on the "back end".
Good luck to everyone.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi,
I recently got a computer from someone, with their Microsoft account still signed in on the computer. I have another laptop signed into a Microsoft account and would like this computer to be synced with it. I have tried several times to sign into my account under 'add account'. I entered my email address, and hit 'next', and a message popped up saying, "Sorry, we couldn't connect to Microsoft services right now." I am able to browse the internet, and my computer shows that I have a wireless network connected to it.
I would really appreciate any help I could get on this problem, because I only have trouble signing into my account on my computer's 'add an account' setting, and can sign into it on the internet fine.
Thanks in advance!
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I did a full refresh/restore and now the service is back running. I think they fixed something on the "back end".
Good luck to everyone.
This isn't computer specific in my opinion, but is affecting every computer running a version of Windows 8. It all started when I couldn't download updates. Now after a full reset I can only use a local account!
This needs sorting quickly
Yes, there is NO way I am having "network problems". If there is anyone having them, it's Microsoft's server. And just a funny story, just this morning THIS PC I am using now to write this started saying my disk was corrupted, all my programs and apps were corrupted and needed to be reinstalled, then it wanted me to reactivate Windows 8.1 and reboot to repair my disk. Well rebooting made it worse by giving me a blue error saying that the OS was corrupted. Finally after many reboots booting back to another Windows 7 OS I have installed too, I was finally able to boot back into Windows 8.1 and the programs started working again magically after I reactivated. To be honest, I'm glad I still had that Windows 7 OS. I just don't understand why Microsoft wants us to go to all this new buggy software. Windows 7 is tried and true and usually is easy to fix and the problems also usually make sense to why they happen. I just don't understand.... But anyways, I'm sticking with 7 until I absolutely cannot anymore. But anyways, that's my opinion! :)
Well I used windows 10 for a long time till it has been ruined with creators update and caused strange fps spikes and stutters. I tried to install Aniversary edition but damn thing is forcing updates, no way to block other then blocking entire updates including security updates.
I am forced to reinstall 8.1 cuz I AM FED UP WITH FORCED UPDATE INSTALL, only if there was another option rather then windows for gaming I WOULD NEVER EVER TOUCH it. Now i am on 8.1 thank god it works flawlessly but you know what? It doesnt let me use my MS account on it, MS has gone low beyond imagination and I guess they have pulled the plug without info.
I hate windows 10 and development team behind it with passion, there is no respect for users anymore.
I agree 100% with you and now that you mention it, Microsoft may have pulled the plug on Windows 8.1 to "force" users to go to Windows 10. But to be honest, I'll just stay with Windows 7 and away from their crap. Windows XP is still alive years after ending of support, so Windows 7 probably has 5-7 years of usability in it, even thought "support" is over. Besides, who needs security updates anyway, they don't protect you from 90% of the crap that is on the Internet. But anyways, I'm going to talk to MS techs this weekend and next week and do my best to get a TRUE ANSWER to what is going on.