"Sorry, we couldn't connect to Microsoft services right now." message pops up when I try and add my account onto my Windows 8 computer

Anonymous
2017-10-08T17:23:09+00:00

Hi,

I recently got a computer from someone, with their Microsoft account still signed in on the computer. I have another laptop signed into a Microsoft account and would like this computer to be synced with it. I have tried several times to sign into my account under 'add account'. I entered my email address, and hit 'next', and a message popped up saying, "Sorry, we couldn't connect to Microsoft services right now." I am able to browse the internet, and my computer shows that I have a wireless network connected to it.

I would really appreciate any help I could get on this problem, because I only have trouble signing into my account on my computer's 'add an account' setting, and can sign into it on the internet fine.

Thanks in advance!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-10-12T23:09:16+00:00

I did a full refresh/restore and now the service is back running.  I think they fixed something on the "back end".  

Good luck to everyone.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-12-19T13:50:38+00:00

    Hi Nicolas,

    You seem to have an issue with the **Microsoft Account Sign-in assistant,**I would suggest you to go through the following and check.

    Make sure that Microsoft Account Sign-in assistantis running and Startup type is Automatic.

    a. Press Windows Key and R key together.

    b. Enter services.msc and press enter to open services Window.

    c. Right-click Microsoft Account Sign-in assistant and choose Properties.

    d. In Startup type, choose Automatic or Manual, then click OK.

    e. Restart the computer and check**.**

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-12-19T19:55:09+00:00

    Hi Nicolas,

     

    You seem to have an issue with the **Microsoft Account Sign-in assistant,**I would suggest you to go through the following and check.

     

    Make sure that Microsoft Account Sign-in assistantis running and Startup type is Automatic.

    a. Press Windows Key and R key together.

    b. Enter services.msc and press enter to open services Window.

    c. Right-click Microsoft Account Sign-in assistant and choose Properties.

    d. In Startup type, choose Automatic or Manual, then click OK.

    e. Restart the computer and check**.**

    First of all, thank you for answering...

    My Microsoft Account Sign-in assistant service was already set on automatic and was running. But for the sake of it I stoped it and set it manual then restarted, still same problem, then I set it back to automatic and restarted, nothing changed still got the same message ->

    Sorry, we can't connect to Microsoft Services at the moment...

    What to try next?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-03-12T00:33:14+00:00

    Having exactly the same issue, nothing fixes it. If I could afford an external hard drive I'd back up all my data format the lot and install linux. But untill that time comes I'm stuck with this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-04-10T07:01:00+00:00

    I have been living with this problem for more than 1 year and tried all options (except reimage which I don't want to do that as I have data and s/w) and nothing works. I don't know how many hours spent searching for the solution and no luck till today. The problem started as soon as I switched to "local account". I am not able to switch back to MS account to connect to store. Not worth it :-(( Looking for new OS which is simple (like Windows-5 or XP or older version) and easy to use instead of wasting lot of time/money with advance technology with no use :-( 

    Any how thanks for keeping me busy!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments