"Sorry, we couldn't connect to Microsoft services right now." message pops up when I try and add my account onto my Windows 8 computer

Anonymous
2017-10-08T17:23:09+00:00

Hi,

I recently got a computer from someone, with their Microsoft account still signed in on the computer. I have another laptop signed into a Microsoft account and would like this computer to be synced with it. I have tried several times to sign into my account under 'add account'. I entered my email address, and hit 'next', and a message popped up saying, "Sorry, we couldn't connect to Microsoft services right now." I am able to browse the internet, and my computer shows that I have a wireless network connected to it.

I would really appreciate any help I could get on this problem, because I only have trouble signing into my account on my computer's 'add an account' setting, and can sign into it on the internet fine.

Thanks in advance!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-10-12T23:09:16+00:00

I did a full refresh/restore and now the service is back running.  I think they fixed something on the "back end".  

Good luck to everyone.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-10-08T06:30:12+00:00

    Creating a new account didnt work for me. And it is a pain to have to log into each app separately. It also doesn't let you access things like calendar and mail which only work if connected with the Microsoft account.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-10-08T09:04:21+00:00

    I have no problems in using the Windows 8.1 mail app on a local account.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-10-08T10:03:10+00:00

    I actually just did managed to sign into mail and calendar with the local account, but I had to do it through the sign in separately thing. I still cannot sign in with my Microsoft account

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-10-11T08:10:53+00:00

    My Surface 2 did an update this morning and everything is fixed at last!! Was able to add my Microsoft account and sign in no problem. Long may it last! Check for updates everybody, you're looking for:

    2017-10 Security and Quality Rollup for .NET Framework 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7 on Windows 8.1 RT for ARM-based Systems (KB4043767)

    Good luck!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments