"Sorry, we couldn't connect to Microsoft services right now." message pops up when I try and add my account onto my Windows 8 computer

Anonymous
2017-10-08T17:23:09+00:00

Hi,

I recently got a computer from someone, with their Microsoft account still signed in on the computer. I have another laptop signed into a Microsoft account and would like this computer to be synced with it. I have tried several times to sign into my account under 'add account'. I entered my email address, and hit 'next', and a message popped up saying, "Sorry, we couldn't connect to Microsoft services right now." I am able to browse the internet, and my computer shows that I have a wireless network connected to it.

I would really appreciate any help I could get on this problem, because I only have trouble signing into my account on my computer's 'add an account' setting, and can sign into it on the internet fine.

Thanks in advance!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-10-12T23:09:16+00:00

I did a full refresh/restore and now the service is back running.  I think they fixed something on the "back end".  

Good luck to everyone.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-09-19T22:15:57+00:00

    I have the same exact problem and just talked to a Microsoft Tech yesterday.

    None of what they told me did anything, and the "solutions" were really basic things that I KNOW WOULD NOT fix the problem. I also know that it is not just a certain computer; I formated one of the partitons on a spare laptop that was DESIGNED for Windows 8.1 and when the page came up to set up the account with my Microsoft account, it said the same thing "...cannot connect to Microsoft services right now.". So there is no way that it is just a certain computer. I usually use Windows 7 or XP and this is somewhat new to me; the whole "complete connectivity" thing. Windows 7 had none of these problems and usually was easy to find the problem and fix. This is just ridculous that they won't find a fix to this problem. Besides, Windows 8.1 is STILL in mainstream support, so they NEED to fix it. To be honest, I really don't want to know what Windows 10 will be like when I HAVE to go to it. Anyways, I will reply if I find a fix, hack or workaround on this subject. :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-09-19T15:57:51+00:00

    Exactly the same issue here. My laptop originally came with Windows 8.1, but I upgraded to 10. I did a factory reset on my device and am happy to roll back to 8.1, but I get this error message every time I try to connect my Microsoft account to the device. It's very frustrating and I would like to hear an answer asap!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-09-18T20:57:35+00:00

    I've been struggling with this for weeks and i'm just hoping that MS hasn't pulled the plug without warning us!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-09-18T05:08:21+00:00

    I just reformatted my PC and had this issue right off the bat. Is this a Microsoft issue ? I was able to get WIndows 10 installed installed no issue but Windows 8.1 says sorry cant log into microsoft service ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments