"Sorry, we couldn't connect to Microsoft services right now." message pops up when I try and add my account onto my Windows 8 computer

Anonymous
2017-10-08T17:23:09+00:00

Hi,

I recently got a computer from someone, with their Microsoft account still signed in on the computer. I have another laptop signed into a Microsoft account and would like this computer to be synced with it. I have tried several times to sign into my account under 'add account'. I entered my email address, and hit 'next', and a message popped up saying, "Sorry, we couldn't connect to Microsoft services right now." I am able to browse the internet, and my computer shows that I have a wireless network connected to it.

I would really appreciate any help I could get on this problem, because I only have trouble signing into my account on my computer's 'add an account' setting, and can sign into it on the internet fine.

Thanks in advance!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-10-12T23:09:16+00:00

I did a full refresh/restore and now the service is back running.  I think they fixed something on the "back end".  

Good luck to everyone.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-09-27T12:49:31+00:00

    This is a microsoft issue just had it confirmed by a technician, after running through absolutely every option even a full system reset and 2 days of remote access to my pc the support assistant finally said it was a microsoft issue and their engineers were working to rectify the issue but could not say when it would be sorted! So their advice was to just try and log in with your micrsoft account on a daily basis! Not the best but at least you know it's a problem at their end and not yours! Hope that helps 😁

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-09-26T23:11:40+00:00

    I am also having this problem. I had some problems with Onedrive and MS support said to make the account local and back MS and I am stuck with local. Thanks Microsoft. I ended up doing full reinstall and I lost all the apps and passwords.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-09-26T20:33:16+00:00

    I'm having this issue when trying to add another account to my HP Stream Windows 8.1 laptop.

    The thing is, I've not updated this laptop since 2016. It works perfectly.

    My own account logs in fine and I can use everything, I just can't add a new account to the laptop, which I need to do, and that's when I get this error message.

    Most frustrating.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-09-23T00:45:39+00:00

    I agree 100% with you and now that you mention it, Microsoft may have pulled the plug on Windows 8.1 to "force" users to go to Windows 10. But to be honest, I'll just stay with Windows 7 and away from their crap. Windows XP is still alive years after ending of support, so Windows 7 probably has 5-7 years of usability in it, even thought "support" is over. Besides, who needs security updates anyway, they don't protect you from 90% of the crap that is on the Internet. But anyways, I'm going to talk to MS techs this weekend and next week and do my best to get a TRUE ANSWER to what is going on.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments