"Sorry, we couldn't connect to Microsoft services right now." message pops up when I try and add my account onto my Windows 8 computer

Anonymous
2017-10-08T17:23:09+00:00

Hi,

I recently got a computer from someone, with their Microsoft account still signed in on the computer. I have another laptop signed into a Microsoft account and would like this computer to be synced with it. I have tried several times to sign into my account under 'add account'. I entered my email address, and hit 'next', and a message popped up saying, "Sorry, we couldn't connect to Microsoft services right now." I am able to browse the internet, and my computer shows that I have a wireless network connected to it.

I would really appreciate any help I could get on this problem, because I only have trouble signing into my account on my computer's 'add an account' setting, and can sign into it on the internet fine.

Thanks in advance!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-10-12T23:09:16+00:00

I did a full refresh/restore and now the service is back running.  I think they fixed something on the "back end".  

Good luck to everyone.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-09-29T20:23:12+00:00

    That is incorrect, the problem occurs on a fresh install before any update has been installed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-09-29T00:15:57+00:00

    I did the same exact thing. And it was just revealed that an update they put out (September Rollup) caused the problem. Frustrating!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-09-28T23:26:16+00:00

    Thanks for the heads up. I'm glad you got through to them

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-09-27T16:25:28+00:00

    I've had this issue for three days two of which I was assisted remotely by Microsoft support agent to find the issue. I even factory reset my pc only to be told at the end that is its a microsoft issue and their enigineers are working to rectify the problem. The solution was to try to log on daily as they could not give a time frame of when it will be sorted hope that helps before they tell you to reset yours don't do it

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments