"Sorry, we couldn't connect to Microsoft services right now." message pops up when I try and add my account onto my Windows 8 computer

Anonymous
2017-10-08T17:23:09+00:00

Hi,

I recently got a computer from someone, with their Microsoft account still signed in on the computer. I have another laptop signed into a Microsoft account and would like this computer to be synced with it. I have tried several times to sign into my account under 'add account'. I entered my email address, and hit 'next', and a message popped up saying, "Sorry, we couldn't connect to Microsoft services right now." I am able to browse the internet, and my computer shows that I have a wireless network connected to it.

I would really appreciate any help I could get on this problem, because I only have trouble signing into my account on my computer's 'add an account' setting, and can sign into it on the internet fine.

Thanks in advance!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-10-12T23:09:16+00:00

I did a full refresh/restore and now the service is back running.  I think they fixed something on the "back end".  

Good luck to everyone.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-11-21T15:09:00+00:00

    Still no answers?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-11-05T22:22:59+00:00

    Having the same problem, ran all the Custom tool for trouble shooting possible.

    Followed all the instruction from here:

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/sign-in-cant

    I  tried all of these:

    Please follow the methods and check if it works fine.

    Method 1:

    Disable proxy server and check if it works fine.

    a) Open Internet Explorer and click on “Tools” and then “Internet Options”.

    b) Now, select the “connections” tab and then “LAN settings”.

    c) Uncheck the box next to “Use a proxy server for your LAN”.

    d) Click on “Ok” and check.

    Do get back to us and let us know. We will be happy to help.

    Method 2:

    You need to make sure that the date and the time are set correctly.

    Refer the steps-

    a) Click on “Start” and type “date and time” (without quotes).

    b) Click on “Settings” and select “date and time”.

    c) Now, click on “Internet time” and then select “change settings”.

    d) Click on “Update now”.

    Method 3:

    Run network troubleshooter and check if you can connect to store.

    Follow the steps to run the Network troubleshooter:

    a. Press Windows key + C on your keyboard to show the Charms bar.

    b. Type Troubleshooting and clickTroubleshooting underSettings.

    c. Now type Network Troubleshooter in thesearch option.

    d. Click on Network troubleshooter to run the troubleshooter.

    Method 4:

    Reset Store cache.

    Follow the steps and check.

    a) Right click on Start Screen 

    b) Click on Run

    c) Type in WSReset.exe

    d) Hit Enter

    e) Restart the computer and check.

    Nothing worked


    Nothing fixes it. Can't update Windows and that's really a pain.

    FYI: Refresh or Reset is NOT an option, would take me days to reinstall/setup everything again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-10-21T13:51:36+00:00

    I've been experiencing a problem since I bought my Windows 8 computer 10 days ago. When I initially set up the computer, I did so using a local account. I've since created a Windows account and have tried many times to create a new user with that Microsoft account, but each time I get the error message; "Sorry, we can't connect to Microsoft services at the moment.................." I've tried almost on a daily basis to create a new user, but each time I get the same error message.

    I'm also unable to go to Windows Store to carry out any downloads because I never get a connection. All I get is a green screen with the revolving disc. Exactly the same with other Apps. (Music, Games etc.)

    I have looked at other similar errors reported and have tried a couple of the resolutions suggested by support staff, but to no avail. (e.g. Apps.diagcab, microsoftaccounts.diagcab.) I've also disabled installed programmes in start-up, but again, to no avail.

    I'm hoping to upgrade to Windows 8.1 to resolve the problem, but the only way for me to do that is through Windows Store, so I'm in a catch 22 situation, as I can't gain access.

    Rgds

    Tim.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments