I did a full refresh/restore and now the service is back running. I think they fixed something on the "back end".
Good luck to everyone.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi,
I recently got a computer from someone, with their Microsoft account still signed in on the computer. I have another laptop signed into a Microsoft account and would like this computer to be synced with it. I have tried several times to sign into my account under 'add account'. I entered my email address, and hit 'next', and a message popped up saying, "Sorry, we couldn't connect to Microsoft services right now." I am able to browse the internet, and my computer shows that I have a wireless network connected to it.
I would really appreciate any help I could get on this problem, because I only have trouble signing into my account on my computer's 'add an account' setting, and can sign into it on the internet fine.
Thanks in advance!
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I did a full refresh/restore and now the service is back running. I think they fixed something on the "back end".
Good luck to everyone.
On normal 8.1 the store has an option: log to each application separately (not recommended). With that I could get everything work with exception of the Onedrive (Skype app does not work on 8.1 so I cannot comment on it)
Is everyone still experiencing this issue. just "Reset" a Surface RT and now cant switch from Local a/c to Microsoft a/c. Consequently cant log in to Store etc.. Poor response from Microsoft as it seems this has been going on for weeks?
Yep, still the same issue. Can't switch to Microsoft acc, as you say as a result can't use Store, Skype doesn't work either, Office too...
I recorded the problem on Feedback Hub app as they told me to do but I had no response for three days again now.
Since I don't have any more ideas, I'm actually waiting for 17th October when Fall Creators Update for Windows 10 will be released, am hoping it will fix the problem.
I don't know how Windows 8.1 users will do tho...
Is everyone still experiencing this issue. just "Reset" a Surface RT and now cant switch from Local a/c to Microsoft a/c. Consequently cant log in to Store etc.. Poor response from Microsoft as it seems this has been going on for weeks?
That is incorrect, the problem occurs on a fresh install before any update has been installed.
I can confirm this. Had the problem on a clean install. But I just downgraded to Windows 8.1 because I had the same freaking issue on Windows 10. I reinstalled it twice before downgrading and it didn't work. So what's going on here? I even had my ISP change my router and it didn't fix it, thought it was my fault.
Here's a detailed post of stuff I did so you don't have to go through the same... I'm having a horrible time trying to fix this thing.