I did a full refresh/restore and now the service is back running. I think they fixed something on the "back end".
Good luck to everyone.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi,
I recently got a computer from someone, with their Microsoft account still signed in on the computer. I have another laptop signed into a Microsoft account and would like this computer to be synced with it. I have tried several times to sign into my account under 'add account'. I entered my email address, and hit 'next', and a message popped up saying, "Sorry, we couldn't connect to Microsoft services right now." I am able to browse the internet, and my computer shows that I have a wireless network connected to it.
I would really appreciate any help I could get on this problem, because I only have trouble signing into my account on my computer's 'add an account' setting, and can sign into it on the internet fine.
Thanks in advance!
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I did a full refresh/restore and now the service is back running. I think they fixed something on the "back end".
Good luck to everyone.
Yep, mine works too now!
I agree 100% with you and now that you mention it, Microsoft may have pulled the plug on Windows 8.1 to "force" users to go to Windows 10. But to be honest, I'll just stay with Windows 7 and away from their crap. Windows XP is still alive years after ending of support, so Windows 7 probably has 5-7 years of usability in it, even thought "support" is over. Besides, who needs security updates anyway, they don't protect you from 90% of the crap that is on the Internet. But anyways, I'm going to talk to MS techs this weekend and next week and do my best to get a TRUE ANSWER to what is going on.
Still no answers?
I've been experiencing a problem since I bought my Windows 8 computer 10 days ago. When I initially set up the computer, I did so using a local account. I've since created a Windows account and have tried many times to create a new user with that Microsoft account, but each time I get the error message; "Sorry, we can't connect to Microsoft services at the moment.................." I've tried almost on a daily basis to create a new user, but each time I get the same error message.
I'm also unable to go to Windows Store to carry out any downloads because I never get a connection. All I get is a green screen with the revolving disc. Exactly the same with other Apps. (Music, Games etc.)
I have looked at other similar errors reported and have tried a couple of the resolutions suggested by support staff, but to no avail. (e.g. Apps.diagcab, microsoftaccounts.diagcab.) I've also disabled installed programmes in start-up, but again, to no avail.
I'm hoping to upgrade to Windows 8.1 to resolve the problem, but the only way for me to do that is through Windows Store, so I'm in a catch 22 situation, as I can't gain access.
Rgds
Tim.