I did a full refresh/restore and now the service is back running. I think they fixed something on the "back end".
Good luck to everyone.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi,
I recently got a computer from someone, with their Microsoft account still signed in on the computer. I have another laptop signed into a Microsoft account and would like this computer to be synced with it. I have tried several times to sign into my account under 'add account'. I entered my email address, and hit 'next', and a message popped up saying, "Sorry, we couldn't connect to Microsoft services right now." I am able to browse the internet, and my computer shows that I have a wireless network connected to it.
I would really appreciate any help I could get on this problem, because I only have trouble signing into my account on my computer's 'add an account' setting, and can sign into it on the internet fine.
Thanks in advance!
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I did a full refresh/restore and now the service is back running. I think they fixed something on the "back end".
Good luck to everyone.
Also the same problem. It seems as if it is a Microsoft Server problem, which will be solved in near future... hopefully.
I am having the exact same problem.
And I've tried the steps recommended. It's very frustrating cause I can't use the One Drive App that I use a lot. I had a problem with my hard-drive, bought a new one and reinstalled the laptop inbuilt windows 8 but from there on it wouldn't let me sign into my own account with the message: "Sorry we can't connect to Microsoft services at the moment. If this problem persists, search for "network problems" on the Start screen.
There were no Network problems
I also tried to switch the "Microsoft account sign-in assistant" from manual to automatic. That didn't change anything.
They have to have an answer to this.
Having exactly the same issue, nothing fixes it. If I could afford an external hard drive I'd back up all my data format the lot and install linux. But untill that time comes I'm stuck with this.
Hi Nicolas,
You seem to have an issue with the **Microsoft Account Sign-in assistant,**I would suggest you to go through the following and check.
Make sure that Microsoft Account Sign-in assistantis running and Startup type is Automatic.
a. Press Windows Key and R key together.
b. Enter services.msc and press enter to open services Window.
c. Right-click Microsoft Account Sign-in assistant and choose Properties.
d. In Startup type, choose Automatic or Manual, then click OK.
e. Restart the computer and check**.**
First of all, thank you for answering...
My Microsoft Account Sign-in assistant service was already set on automatic and was running. But for the sake of it I stoped it and set it manual then restarted, still same problem, then I set it back to automatic and restarted, nothing changed still got the same message ->
Sorry, we can't connect to Microsoft Services at the moment...
What to try next?