Fixed - KB4058258 Requires a restart to finish installing

Anonymous
2018-02-01T11:59:40+00:00

I updated with this today but it says KB4058258 Requires a restart to finish installing

Any help?

Restarted about 4 times

windows 10 1709 build 16299.214

Edit: Fixed it by uninstalling and manually downloading and installing the patch

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-02-17T09:47:23+00:00

    Same problem with Windows 10 Education

    https://support.microsoft.com/de-de/help/4058258/windows-10-update-kb4058258

    Letzter fehlerhafter Installationsversuch: ‎16.‎02.‎2018 – 0x80070bc2

    This was the second installation on this notebook

    Next I'll format the entire SSD

    America last...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-02-17T21:01:12+00:00

    Eventually got it to update by doing an "upgrade" installation from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10. 

    This was the only thing that actually worked. Never thought of it... On review, the newly "installed" win10 just loaded cumulative update for february, then. Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-02-17T21:28:57+00:00

    Fixed: Did a full SSD clean out with Secure Erase by Parted Magic

    New disk partition setup ...

    .... many updates later ...

    This stupid 853 MB partition in the middle showed up again ... and sucked of space of my perfect aligned 100GB partition, instead of using free space (D: partition was made very last)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-02-19T07:31:22+00:00

    Fixed by 2018-2 update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-03-07T00:35:24+00:00

    I am struggling with this same issue... ready to reimage.

    I've done exactly what worked for the above user. I uninstalled the kb4058258 and downloaded  the patch from the Microsoft Update Catalog. I'm still at the same place, which is requiring a restart after restart to finish, but it doesn't finish installing.

    I noticed that above user shows Windows 10 1709 build 16299.214. I can't get past Windows 10 1709 build 16299.125.

    The latest patch KB4090913 was also downloaded from the catalog after I uninstalled the previous 3 cumulative updates and it is in the same inability to finish installing updates.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments