Fixed - KB4058258 Requires a restart to finish installing

Anonymous
2018-02-01T11:59:40+00:00

I updated with this today but it says KB4058258 Requires a restart to finish installing

Any help?

Restarted about 4 times

windows 10 1709 build 16299.214

Edit: Fixed it by uninstalling and manually downloading and installing the patch

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-02-04T20:45:21+00:00

    Thanks.

    I did try uninstalling and manually reinstalling, and everything in Microsoft's update trouble shooter.  Eventually got it to update by doing an "upgrade" installation from 

    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10. 

    I didn't think that was going to work either, as once the "upgrade" was complete Windows update still had KB4058258 as an available update, but that time it finally installed successfully.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-02-04T22:29:29+00:00

    This seems a real pain. It has happened on one of my devices (6-year old Core i5) and I'm afraid I am just leaving it to see if the next CU behaves itself. Meanwhile the OS version is shown as correctly updated (16299.214) and the update status is shown as "up to date" even though the entry in update history is still requesting a restart. I've left feedback via the Hub suggesting it would be nice if the status of such an update could be reported unambiguously.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-02-05T18:54:39+00:00

    We are glad to hear that your PC now is working fine. If you have any further queries in the future, don't hesitate to create a thread here in the community. We will do our best to help you out.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2018-02-05T18:59:29+00:00

    Hi Michael,

    Have you tried the troubleshooting steps done by BrianGarw? If not, I recommend that you perform a repair upgrade and see if there are a any changes. To know how to perform a repair upgrade, kindly refer to the forum article entitled "How to: Perform a Repair Upgrade Using the Windows 10 ISO file".

    Let us know how it goes.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments