Quick fix........ANDROID.
Fixed - KB4058258 Requires a restart to finish installing
I updated with this today but it says KB4058258 Requires a restart to finish installing
Any help?
Restarted about 4 times
windows 10 1709 build 16299.214
Edit: Fixed it by uninstalling and manually downloading and installing the patch
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2018-04-07T15:27:13+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-04-07T23:55:24+00:00 Ha... yes, quick fix... but no working environment. ;-)
-
Anonymous
2018-05-08T18:06:34+00:00 Why are these MS updates (1709 1803) so f ed up? Don't they test these before rolling out? I hate wasting time on this BS!
-
Anonymous
2018-06-28T15:06:46+00:00 Hi,
same problem on my PC with older AMD Athlon CPU.
Error code was 0x80070bc2 (ERROR_SUCCESS_REBOOT_REQUIRED).
But applying update was a little more tricky.
Could be solved as followed:
- Stop Windows Update service and deactivate it
- delete complete folder C:\windows\SoftwareDistribution
- Download update KB4058258 manually from https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4058258
- disconnect / unplug from network
- reboot
- set Windows update service to start type "manually"
- install update manually with downloaded update file windows10.0-kb4058258-x64_xxxxxxxxxxxx.msu
- restart PC after installation is finished (PC will start several times due to update procedure)
8. after final restart login, windows key + I --> update & security --> Update History and check in list that KB4058258 is available with current installation date
- execute "winver" from command line
- check that build number now is 16299.214
- reconnect to network
12. windows key + I --> update & security --> and search for updates: windows key + I --> update & security --> KB4058258 should not be offered again
Regards
Klaus
F******************************************************************K
You see Microsoft, 90 % of the people who use computers are not literate in this gumph, and who has the time to do this?. The arrogance of microsoft sending out updates which are in fact little more than Beta testing astounds me. The look on their faces when suddenly users turn to more reliable platforms without the bloatware when the company implodes is just a figment of some madmans imagination. Wrong keep beating up your customers and you will lose the kingdom!! In addition the arrogance of deciding when to utilise all my resources to update stuff I neither want nor need just to satisfy some designers wet dream and bugger the fact that my business has deadlines.
I DONT WANT TO DESIGN NOR TEST YOUR BLOATWARE 10 THE CUSTOMER SHOULD NOT HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS CR*P!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IF YOU HAVE TO UPDATE -GET IT RIGHT
ISSUE NOT RESOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!