We are glad to hear that your PC now is working fine. If you have any further queries in the future, don't hesitate to create a thread here in the community. We will do our best to help you out.
Regards.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I updated with this today but it says KB4058258 Requires a restart to finish installing
Any help?
Restarted about 4 times
windows 10 1709 build 16299.214
Edit: Fixed it by uninstalling and manually downloading and installing the patch
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
We are glad to hear that your PC now is working fine. If you have any further queries in the future, don't hesitate to create a thread here in the community. We will do our best to help you out.
Regards.
This seems a real pain. It has happened on one of my devices (6-year old Core i5) and I'm afraid I am just leaving it to see if the next CU behaves itself. Meanwhile the OS version is shown as correctly updated (16299.214) and the update status is shown as "up to date" even though the entry in update history is still requesting a restart. I've left feedback via the Hub suggesting it would be nice if the status of such an update could be reported unambiguously.
Thanks.
I did try uninstalling and manually reinstalling, and everything in Microsoft's update trouble shooter. Eventually got it to update by doing an "upgrade" installation from
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10.
I didn't think that was going to work either, as once the "upgrade" was complete Windows update still had KB4058258 as an available update, but that time it finally installed successfully.
Hi Brian,
Have you tried to uninstall the update and manually installing it as what ukheather, the thread creator did to fix the issue? If not, I suggest that you uninstall the update through Settings > Update history > Uninstall updates > select the update and click Uninstall > click Yes to confirm > Restart PC and reset your update components manually and see if there are any changes:
For more information regarding on how to reset Windows Update components, kindly refer to the article entitled "How do I reset Windows Update components?".
After resetting the update components, download the update and install it from Microsoft Update Catalog.
Let us know how it goes.
Regards.
If you think this was useful, feel free to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.