where's that? i'm not seeing any update and their tool to repair installations fails to provide correction
Fixed - KB4058258 Requires a restart to finish installing
I updated with this today but it says KB4058258 Requires a restart to finish installing
Any help?
Restarted about 4 times
windows 10 1709 build 16299.214
Edit: Fixed it by uninstalling and manually downloading and installing the patch
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2018-04-03T23:30:37+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-04-03T23:23:01+00:00 I've been pulling hair out with this one too! Then as I tried to reply or post to get some MS help, my authenticator app went goofy and wouldn't let me approve my own signon...
What is the key to getting the update installed? reboot after reboot and nothing just "Update and Shutdown" or "Update and Reboot" at the power prompt.
My Windows Updater shows "waiting for reboot" but it does NOT take.
Help here guys!
-
Anonymous
2018-04-01T09:54:57+00:00 BTW: Still the same problem here and uninstalled updates are piling up. I spent many hours and tried everything except going back to the last snapshot (since there is none due to limited storage) and re-installation. I hope the spring creators update will fix it. Anybody else still struggling?
-
Anonymous
2018-03-07T18:17:36+00:00 After trying a lot of different things I still had the same problem so I reset my computer. Now everything is working much better than when I first brought it, at that time it was windows 8 when you change to windows 10 it resets to windows 10. I am now very happy that I had this problem.
My other 2 computers worked without any problem although my HP worked best straight away one Acer took 2 days but came right by itself and the other I spent about a week before I reset it.
-
Anonymous
2018-03-07T00:35:24+00:00 I am struggling with this same issue... ready to reimage.
I've done exactly what worked for the above user. I uninstalled the kb4058258 and downloaded the patch from the Microsoft Update Catalog. I'm still at the same place, which is requiring a restart after restart to finish, but it doesn't finish installing.
I noticed that above user shows Windows 10 1709 build 16299.214. I can't get past Windows 10 1709 build 16299.125.
The latest patch KB4090913 was also downloaded from the catalog after I uninstalled the previous 3 cumulative updates and it is in the same inability to finish installing updates.