Deleting Pagefile.sys

Anonymous
2018-02-21T16:21:12+00:00

Hello I got quite a problem for my windows

My Local Disk C is suddenly really full and the i downloaded windirstat 

and i found that the pagefile.sys is really big

is it okay to delete that ?

or do you know what maybe caused the problem .. that made my local disk C is always full

I used my laptop mostly to design 

using Autodesk Application, Sketchup, Photoshop and Illustrator

then today my scratch disk are suddenly full that I cant open anything at my photoshop at all

This is my laptop:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name S-PC

System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

System Model GL502VMK

System Type x64-based PC

System SKU 

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2808 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. GL502VMK.300, 12/27/2016

SMBIOS Version 3.0

Embedded Controller Version 255.255

BIOS Mode UEFI

BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

BaseBoard Model Not Available

BaseBoard Name Base Board

Platform Role Mobile

Secure Boot State On

PCR7 Configuration Elevation Required to View

Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS

System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.16299.248"

User Name S-PC\Samuel Immanuel

Time Zone Malay Peninsula Standard Time

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB

Total Physical Memory 15.9 GB

Available Physical Memory 10.1 GB

Total Virtual Memory 22.2 GB

Available Virtual Memory 14.9 GB

Page File Space 6.25 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Device Encryption Support Elevation Required to View

Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes

Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes

Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes

Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

Thanks

Best Regards,

Samuel

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-02-23T19:39:22+00:00

    ........

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-02-23T19:37:16+00:00

    I serious doubt that any OEM would make you OS drive small and then create another partition of 1TB

    and if you knew anything, the clue is right there

    D:\ drive shows 931GB total size, that is the MAX size of a 1TB hard drive which is actually exactly 931GB.

    so yes, I am the genius

    It's not uncommon these days for PCs to be supplied with relatively small SSDs with the OS installed and a large hard drive for data storage. That looks to be the case here, but again, we don't know for sure.  Unlike you, I like to be sure of what I'm talking about before I start talking.  Again, the OP's problem can be solved without buying another drive, and if you would kindly get of the way, he can be helped in that direction.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-02-23T19:33:04+00:00

    I serious doubt that any OEM would make you OS drive small and then create another partition of 1TB

    and if you knew anything, the clue is right there

    D:\ drive shows 931GB total size, that is the MAX size of a 1TB hard drive which is actually exactly 931GB.

    so yes, I am the genius

    It would BE IMPOSSIBLE of D:\ to be part of DISK C:\

    C:\ = Disk 0 - 118GB Total

    D:\ - Disk 1 - 931GB max total.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-02-23T19:29:40+00:00

    I just did this last week for a customer and did it a few other times

    You keep replying to your own posts.  Just did what?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-02-23T19:28:06+00:00

    I just did this last week for a customer and did it a few other times

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments