Disable Virtual Agent

Anonymous
2017-07-04T19:00:34+00:00

I find the Virtual Agent too intrusive. How can I disable it?

Moved from: (Windows / Windows 10 / Cortana & search / PC)

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-07-06T17:46:40+00:00

We appreciate the details that you guys provided.

Regarding your concern, the Try the Virtual Agent (PREVIEW) button is a feature and part of the web page that Microsoft provided to the users in case we need extra assistance. It is part of the design of the web page and there's no option to disable it.

If you would like, you can submit feedback or suggestion using the Feedback Hub. You can either vote on an existing submission or submit a new issue or idea. When you submit a feedback item we gather additional details and information about your concern and address it. Feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback app so you can see what we are doing about your feedback. Please revisit frequently to see the status of your feedback items.

In order to submit new feedback, please follow these steps:

  1. On a Windows 10 device, search for Feedback Hub in Cortanasearch, then launch the app.
  2. Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press + Add new feedback.
  3. Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory.
  4. If possible, reproduce the problem after clicking Begin monitoring, or Start capture near the end of the form. Stop monitoring when you’re done.
  5. Once you’ve completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.
  6. Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
  7. Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted.
  8. Open the item you submitted, then click Share.
  9. Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response (it will look like https://aka.ms/ link>).

If you have other concerns, feel free to reach out.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

59 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-01-11T09:15:15+00:00

    It is the virtual agent shown in uploads by for example Diima on July 5'th

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-01-12T23:25:00+00:00

    Thank you for a simple solution to an annoying problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-01-13T18:05:20+00:00

    Suddenly a TRY VIRTUAL AGENT (PREVIEW) popped up.  Very disturbing!  It DID NOT HAVE A SMALL "X" TO CLOSE/CANCEL in the upper right corner... So I was stuck with it until I closed the page entirely.  It was blocking something I was reading, and in the process of trying to eliminate it, I accidently lost my train of thought and my "page". That so frustrated me to the point where I missed the final instructions on a problem I experienced.  ...Microsoft, please, please, please stop trying to provide a "solution/action/enhancement/etc." for every possible breath I take, every possible screen I see, every possible emotion I experience, every possible possibility of a possibility!!!!   You are trying to be helpful, I appreciate that, but you have carried it far, far beyond extreme!!!  I used to love Excel (10-25 years ago), but today, after having lost it for a few years, and now I'm getting back into it (Excel 2016), there's so much frustration because of the complexity and "enhancements" that require significant relearning.  At my age, it is very hard to "get up to speed" on all the changes.  I'm not anti-enhancement, but you make it hard to keep up.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Don Varnau 19,930 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2018-01-13T18:33:13+00:00

    tt83044 replied:

      ...Microsoft, please, please, please stop trying to provide a "solution/action/enhancement/etc." for every possible breath I take, every possible screen I see, every possible emotion I experience, every possible possibility of a possibility!!!!   You are trying to be helpful, I appreciate that,

    Sorry, but you aren't providing feedback to Microsoft by posting here. Please use the (Windows 10) Feedback App.

    Don

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments