Disable Virtual Agent

Anonymous
2017-07-04T19:00:34+00:00

I find the Virtual Agent too intrusive. How can I disable it?

Moved from: (Windows / Windows 10 / Cortana & search / PC)

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-07-06T17:46:40+00:00

We appreciate the details that you guys provided.

Regarding your concern, the Try the Virtual Agent (PREVIEW) button is a feature and part of the web page that Microsoft provided to the users in case we need extra assistance. It is part of the design of the web page and there's no option to disable it.

If you would like, you can submit feedback or suggestion using the Feedback Hub. You can either vote on an existing submission or submit a new issue or idea. When you submit a feedback item we gather additional details and information about your concern and address it. Feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback app so you can see what we are doing about your feedback. Please revisit frequently to see the status of your feedback items.

In order to submit new feedback, please follow these steps:

  1. On a Windows 10 device, search for Feedback Hub in Cortanasearch, then launch the app.
  2. Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press + Add new feedback.
  3. Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory.
  4. If possible, reproduce the problem after clicking Begin monitoring, or Start capture near the end of the form. Stop monitoring when you’re done.
  5. Once you’ve completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.
  6. Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
  7. Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted.
  8. Open the item you submitted, then click Share.
  9. Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response (it will look like https://aka.ms/ link>).

If you have other concerns, feel free to reach out.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

59 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Don Varnau 19,930 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2018-01-13T22:06:09+00:00

    dadaphilbill replied:

    Can I remove it, never to be seen on my PC again.

    Please read through this thread

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/disable-virtual-agent/0a9e666f-6a1c-4dd3-9716-68067bbc239d

    which your post is now a part of.

    Don

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-01-13T22:19:24+00:00

    <non relevant content removed> The Microsoft Virtual Agent is not on your computer. It is a feature of the Microsoft Support Site.

    So, no. You cannot disable it anymore than you can disable features on any company's website.

    <non relevant content removed>.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-01-14T16:19:12+00:00

    I'm not asking this question over and over. I asked it once. I don't know what's going on, but every day I get emails saying there are answers to my question. I don't know how to stop them. Please enlighten if you can.  And please, Valdemar_Klausenburg_III, stop scolding me for something I haven't done.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-01-14T16:26:49+00:00

    The reply I keep getting is wrong! I do have the Virtual Agent on my PC.

    I hate it because it keeps popping up in my way when I am trying to do something.

    It is very annoying. And yes it does seem to be some kind of abuse.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments