Disable Virtual Agent

Anonymous
2017-07-04T19:00:34+00:00

I find the Virtual Agent too intrusive. How can I disable it?

Moved from: (Windows / Windows 10 / Cortana & search / PC)

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-07-06T17:46:40+00:00

We appreciate the details that you guys provided.

Regarding your concern, the Try the Virtual Agent (PREVIEW) button is a feature and part of the web page that Microsoft provided to the users in case we need extra assistance. It is part of the design of the web page and there's no option to disable it.

If you would like, you can submit feedback or suggestion using the Feedback Hub. You can either vote on an existing submission or submit a new issue or idea. When you submit a feedback item we gather additional details and information about your concern and address it. Feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback app so you can see what we are doing about your feedback. Please revisit frequently to see the status of your feedback items.

In order to submit new feedback, please follow these steps:

  1. On a Windows 10 device, search for Feedback Hub in Cortanasearch, then launch the app.
  2. Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press + Add new feedback.
  3. Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory.
  4. If possible, reproduce the problem after clicking Begin monitoring, or Start capture near the end of the form. Stop monitoring when you’re done.
  5. Once you’ve completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.
  6. Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
  7. Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted.
  8. Open the item you submitted, then click Share.
  9. Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response (it will look like https://aka.ms/ link>).

If you have other concerns, feel free to reach out.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

59 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-01-15T06:49:00+00:00

    The very best way to stop getting responses from this thread would be for Microsoft to give us the option to turn off the virtual agent that keeps showing up. And I don't mean Cortana, I've killed that long ago.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-01-14T18:56:52+00:00

    IF you are subscribed (which I am not) it will offer an unsubscribe choice.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-01-14T18:55:03+00:00

    You need to hit the three dots next to the page where the thread began.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-01-14T18:24:19+00:00

    Thanks for your response. 

    In your response you mention:

    "I suggest you go to your Profile Page and unsubscribe from this thread to stop the emails".

    I would like to do that but I can't find anything like that. Where is the "unsubscribe from this thread" button?

    I'm quite serious. I simply can't find a way to escape from this thread.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments