If you honestly do then why is there no choice in default apps other MS choices?
Windows 10 keeps changing my default programs
Windows 10 keeps changing my default pdf program from Adobe Acrobat to Microsoft Edge.
Please don't tell me to set my default program in control panel - I do that weekly.
Please don't tell me to do the "OpenWith" registry hack - I've done that, and it did work, until the next major Windows 10 update. Obviously, someone at Microsoft found out about that one.
I have also tried running another hack, that works for a while, but after a few days, I see that ANNOYING edge icon on my pdf files, and have to go back into control panel and change everything back.
It's really annoying, because, it's MY computer. I paid for it, and it included my O/S license - it is MY decision to use Adobe Acrobat for pdf files, not Microsoft's.
Please note that we also have a laptop where this issue NEVER occurs.
I know i'm not the only one out there where this still occurs even after setting the default and running the registry hack.
Moved from: (Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization)
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
64 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2018-03-27T00:24:51+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-03-27T00:39:07+00:00 (sigh)
There is. Why do you keep spreading false information? Are you that bad at setting up your own computers? Really? If you are...sell them.
VLC is not Microsoft. Adobe Reader is not Microsoft. iTunes is CERTAINLY not Microsoft yet all three are set as default apps on my PC and have not changed since I set them more than a year ago.
I suggest you folks find someone who understands how Windows 10 actually works to set up your computers for you.
Because whatever you're doing clearly isn't working.
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2018-03-27T00:53:32+00:00 Not sure what you are talking about. I simply stated that the end user does not have the choice of selecting their own app. It's MS way or the highway. You are entitled to your opinion as am I DW.
BTW, I was coding with DOS and NEWDOS in 1980, were you even alive then? Let's just agree to disagree and leave it at that.
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more