Microsoft Solitaire Collection: TriPeaks won't load - Windows 10

Anonymous
2017-03-18T07:46:21+00:00

For three days, TriPeaks won't load - "the wheels on the bus go round and round" as one expert here says :o)

When I click on the MS Solitaire Collection icon I get this:

Pyramid and all the others load OK but not TriPeaks; this is the only I play regularly (to relax!).

I searched the Community and in another thread I found one solution was check for Updates, via my account icon - but I only ever play as a Guest. ***

In another thread I found a link to run the Win10 Apps Trouble-shooter. This is what it found:

then this:

So what should I do next please? If it's the BITS help, do I type the NET etc in CMD? as an Administrator?

Hoping you can help.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-06-16T12:15:17+00:00

    Go to add remove programs

    Apps

    Scroll down to Microsoft Solitaire and hit reset.

    clears your record but game will load without a problem as guest if you wish

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-06-16T21:42:18+00:00

    Thanks George, but this didn't work for me.  The wheel still goes round and round!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-06-17T03:19:09+00:00

    Me too.

    30 years ago I hated people who posted in Usenet news forums "me too" without contributing anything. But there's nothing else to do here. I reset Microsoft Solitaire Collection twice today, but every time I start it it just spins its wheel.

    Should I reset it again and post "me three"?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-06-17T06:13:04+00:00

    I'm not a gamer but used to like playing Solitaire when taking a break from sorting out Windows crises, So there's no way I will do a Clean Install / Boot just for Solitaire, especially when there's so many other free versions.

    The problem still occurs - in probably 40% of the times I try to play it - so I've given up.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-06-20T02:07:19+00:00

    I had the same problem with my Pyramid not working.  It would blue screen spin, but never load.  It worked in the daily challenges (all other games worked normally) but I wasn't getting anywhere with Pyramid.

    I fixed it in admin mode. I had a corrupted "game in progress" - so I deleted the file.

    Windows 10 pro here, so the specific location may be different.

    /localdisk/users/<your username, no brackets>/appdata/local/packages/Microsoft.MicrosoftSolitaireCollection_<gobbledegook>localstate/userdata/gameprogress

    Go to the numbered subdirectory (not the public or default one) - that's your account.

    You're looking for the .ark files for the games that aren't working.  I deleted Pyramid.ark - it fixed my problem.

    Worth a try if nothing else is working.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments