I went to the Spider game and from the menu in the upper left hand corner I clicked on TriPeaks and it has worked since then, but only from the Spider game menu.
Microsoft Solitaire Collection: TriPeaks won't load - Windows 10
For three days, TriPeaks won't load - "the wheels on the bus go round and round" as one expert here says :o)
When I click on the MS Solitaire Collection icon I get this:
Pyramid and all the others load OK but not TriPeaks; this is the only I play regularly (to relax!).
I searched the Community and in another thread I found one solution was check for Updates, via my account icon - but I only ever play as a Guest. ***
In another thread I found a link to run the Win10 Apps Trouble-shooter. This is what it found:
then this:
So what should I do next please? If it's the BITS help, do I type the NET etc in CMD? as an Administrator?
Hoping you can help.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
50 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2017-07-22T04:40:00+00:00 -
Anonymous
2017-07-22T04:12:08+00:00 I tried all of this --- have tried each solution proposed so far.
I was able to uninstall and reinstall. Tri-peaks worked once. When I tried to play a second game, I got the eternal load circle again. AAAAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHH!!
-
Anonymous
2017-07-21T20:50:24+00:00 Just fixed this problem for a friend, and the WSReset is what finally fixed it. Friend always plays as Guest, no xbox or store account. Also doesn't sign in using an admin account for what it's worth. Computer is a fairly old AMD A4 APU that is real sluggish in Windows 10 for no reason every now and then.
Here's what I did in order, in case it helps someone:
- Checked for updates - none.
- Uninstalled and resinstalled Solitaire.
- Checked for updates - none.
- Reset Solitaire from the advanced uninstall options.
- WSRESET from command prompt, as user.
- Looked for those ARK files while waiting, didn't see any.
- Checked for updates - Got an update for STORE itself.
- Ran Solitaire, and it finally worked.
-
Anonymous
2017-07-10T07:33:02+00:00 Not the smartest pair are you? If reinstalling the program does not help you it may help others who don't realise you can do so.
As far as you are concerned your problem has nothing to do ith Microsoft Solitaire which works fine on millions of PCs' and Laptops'.............You need to do a clean instal because your Windows 10 is corrupt and stop wasting your time trying to fix the unfixable.
There's no need to be rude, George. The solution you provided didn't work for them, nor did it work for me. You say it's played on millions of units but where's your evidence? Many computer magazines claim the problems started with it being pre-installed on Win10 & some claim it's not worked properly since then. > Here's one example. <
Your provide no evidence to support your claim that their Win10 is corrupt. And if they are, the most likely cause could be the flawed/failed Windows Update that we see every month.
If I were a gamer and spent hours every day on Solitaire I might be William to go to the extreme lengths of a clean install but the experts here can't even agree on the best way to do that. The FO/FMs haven't been back for a while - speaks volumes.
-
Anonymous
2017-07-10T02:58:58+00:00 Not the smartest pair are you? If reinstalling the program does not help you it may help others who don't realise you can do so.
As far as you are concerned your problem has nothing to do ith Microsoft Solitaire which works fine on millions of PCs' and Laptops'.............You need to do a clean instal because your Windows 10 is corrupt and stop wasting your time trying to fix the unfixable.