Microsoft Solitaire Collection: TriPeaks won't load - Windows 10

Anonymous
2017-03-18T07:46:21+00:00

For three days, TriPeaks won't load - "the wheels on the bus go round and round" as one expert here says :o)

When I click on the MS Solitaire Collection icon I get this:

Pyramid and all the others load OK but not TriPeaks; this is the only I play regularly (to relax!).

I searched the Community and in another thread I found one solution was check for Updates, via my account icon - but I only ever play as a Guest. ***

In another thread I found a link to run the Win10 Apps Trouble-shooter. This is what it found:

then this:

So what should I do next please? If it's the BITS help, do I type the NET etc in CMD? as an Administrator?

Hoping you can help.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-03-27T23:22:10+00:00

    Hello,

    To isolate your concern, we suggest that you perform a clean boot in Windows. It is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows. For more information about it, check this article.

    We're looking forward for your update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-03-25T10:25:10+00:00

    Hello Catherine. I asked the Moderators to unmark your reply as the answer as your solution didn't fully work - I'm still having problems. I hope to find the time to check it out again & reply this weekend.

    Meanwhile, perhaps > Paul Bab < could explain here why he was so quick to mark it as the answer when I, the OP, hadn't got back.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-03-22T01:11:02+00:00

    Let's try restarting the BITS service. Here are the steps:

    1. Press and hold (or right-click) the Windows logo button on the taskbar and then select Command Prompt (Admin).
    2. Select Yes when the User Account Control box appears.
    3. Type the command:

    net stop bits

    1. Restart your computer**.**
    2. Launch Command Prompt and enter the command**:**

    net start bits

    1. Restart your computer.

    Once done with these steps, try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Refer to How to uninstall and reinstall a game on Windows 10 for the steps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-03-20T23:34:30+00:00

    Hi,

    Based from the error message you've received after running the Windows apps troubleshooter, this may be an issue with the Windows Store cache. We suggest that you manually reset it. Here are the steps:

    1. Press Windows+ R keys to open the run command box.
    2. Type WSReset, then try launching Store and sign in.

    Once done with the reset, kindly search if there are any updates available for the game. Refer to Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store for the steps.

    Hello. Did this got the black CMD screen but didn't have to do anything before the MS Store App opened. Couldn't download MS Solitaire Collection - said 'already installed'. The only thing I've achieved is to create an Xbox account but there's nothing next to my profile account about an update being available.

    Everything else remains the same - all the games run except TriPeaks.

    How do I resolve the BITS issue, shown in my first post please?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-03-20T21:09:19+00:00

    Hi,

    Based from the error message you've received after running the Windows apps troubleshooter, this may be an issue with the Windows Store cache. We suggest that you manually reset it. Here are the steps:

    1. Press Windows+ Rkeys to open the run command box.
    2. Type WSReset, then try launching Store and sign in.

    Once done with the reset, kindly search if there are any updates available for the game. Refer to Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store for the steps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments