Microsoft Solitaire Collection: TriPeaks won't load - Windows 10

Anonymous
2017-03-18T07:46:21+00:00

For three days, TriPeaks won't load - "the wheels on the bus go round and round" as one expert here says :o)

When I click on the MS Solitaire Collection icon I get this:

Pyramid and all the others load OK but not TriPeaks; this is the only I play regularly (to relax!).

I searched the Community and in another thread I found one solution was check for Updates, via my account icon - but I only ever play as a Guest. ***

In another thread I found a link to run the Win10 Apps Trouble-shooter. This is what it found:

then this:

So what should I do next please? If it's the BITS help, do I type the NET etc in CMD? as an Administrator?

Hoping you can help.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-06-22T23:05:59+00:00

    I wrote:

    "Maybe the reason for not having Tripeaks.ark or Pyramind.ark is that last week I went into Windows settings, found the Microsoft Solitaire Collection application, and reset the application twice ... and then I uninstalled that application, and went to the Microsoft Store to find the application again, downloaded it, and installed it."

    Microsoft's Forum Moderator replied:

    'Another possible reason as to why you're encountering this issue is due to an outdated version of the game.'

    I looked again to see if my words "and then I uninstalled that application, and went to the Microsoft Store to find the application again, downloaded it, and installed it" had been moderated out, but no, they're still visible.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-06-22T23:01:33+00:00

    Hi Norman,

    Another possible reason as to why you're encountering this issue is due to an outdated version of the game. To resolve this, we suggest that you visit this link and follow the steps on how to check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store.

    Refer to Game freezes or stops responding on a Windows 10 device for more troubleshooting solutions that you may perform.

    Let us know how it goes after performing these solutions. We're here to clear things up.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-06-21T08:42:05+00:00

    Below the gameprogress directory, I had a subdirectory named guest but no others. Maybe that's because I don't log in to Xbox or anything else to play solitaire on my PC.

    I didn't have a Tripeaks.ark or Pyramid.ark but in some other subdirectories I found 5 other .ark files.  I deleted them.

    Maybe the reason for not having Tripeaks.ark or Pyramind.ark is that last week I went into Windows settings, found the Microsoft Solitaire Collection application, and reset the application twice ... and then I uninstalled that application, and went to the Microsoft Store to find the application again, downloaded it, and installed it.

    Anyway, after deleting my 5 files that ended in .ark, I tried running Microsoft Solitaire Collection again.  I got as far as clicking the TriPeaks tile.  It's still loading.

    It's still loading.

    It's still loading.

    It's still loading.

    It's still loading.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-06-17T06:13:04+00:00

    I'm not a gamer but used to like playing Solitaire when taking a break from sorting out Windows crises, So there's no way I will do a Clean Install / Boot just for Solitaire, especially when there's so many other free versions.

    The problem still occurs - in probably 40% of the times I try to play it - so I've given up.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-06-17T03:19:09+00:00

    Me too.

    30 years ago I hated people who posted in Usenet news forums "me too" without contributing anything. But there's nothing else to do here. I reset Microsoft Solitaire Collection twice today, but every time I start it it just spins its wheel.

    Should I reset it again and post "me three"?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments