i hate resurrecting old stuff but this is ridiculous, i did what OP did and went somewhere with a really good net connection to download the game so i could copy it over when i got home only to find out you really cant without a load of hassle. I have a 2 MegaBit line (roughly 300kb download) and i cant download a file this big on that connection, it will take a whole week and affect everyone in my household like much of the other people in this thread. This needs to be fixed now, its stupid.
Moving Forza Horizon 3 Game Data To Another PC
Hi,
I have recently purchased Forza Horizon 3 on the Windows App Store on my Surface Pro 3. I downloaded it onto my Surface Pro 3 because i have access to NBN (faster internet) at work where i was able to download the game within an hour or so.
I want to copy the game data to a USB so i can then install the game on my home pc. I was unable to download the game on my home pc as my interent would take a week to download.
I have tried moving the data using the in built windows function Settings>System>Apps & Features then selecting Froza Horizon 3 and select move to my USB, but i get an error message "We couldnt move Forza Horizon 3. The operation did not complete successfully. Try again in a bit. The error code is 0x80073d0b, in case you need it".
I then tried by taking ownership of the Windowsapp folder and finding the game data "Microsoft.OpusPG_1.0.10.2_x64__8werkyb3d8bbwe". But when i try to copy and paste it onto my usb (which has plenty of space and is formatted in NTFS) it keeps telling me i need to "provide administrator permission to copy to this folder" i select continue and then prompts "you need permission to perform this action".
Doe sanyone know how i can copy the game data for Forza Horizon 3 to my home pc as i cannot download 50GB from home.
Regards,
Tim
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2018-05-15T13:30:58+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-05-15T19:32:36+00:00 It is not considered old if the problem still persist and judging by the speed at which every other game client allows for backups, each month that passes with 0 REPLIES from Microsoft just confirm to the rest of the world how bad their STORE actually is.
Thing is, they won't do a THING about this because 2 main reaons:
1- Microsoft is TOO BIG of a company now, they have to spent half of their resources organizing stuff that needs to be done and the proper channels to implement a change are so big that by the time a feature gets to the actual engineer working on it, years could had passed and by the time it gets approved, months.
2- Microsoft don't care AT ALL that there are places on earth (about half the planet) with slow connections. They live in Silicon Valley surrounded by Gigabit connections so they assume EVERYONE in the world have such connections. As such, they don't see this as a problem at all. This is typical human reasoning (or lack of it).
-
Anonymous
2018-05-15T19:54:15+00:00 You nailed it! M$ lives in a parallel universe where everyone have Gb connections and windows works 100% of the time, and also no one is ever doing anything important on the computer, so it's ok to automatically restart to install updates.
Anyway, I'll quote a previous reply here, to help those that still need help with this:
"(...) I found a way of downloading the installer separately, it's explained on Forza Reddit, called the fiddler method. I'll not link it here, because legal stuff, but should be easy to find. As a result, I was finally able to download FM7 demo, and eventually decided to purchase the full game.
See Microsoft, you only earned one more sale EXCLUSIVELY because of "alternative" methods to download your product. Locking is bad, learn that once and for all!!!"
I was afraid my comment would get blocked, so I didn't include the link, but wth, here it goes: https://www.reddit.com/r/forza/comments/54coxq/fh3\_redownloading\_fix\_pc/
Oh, and it works with Forza 7 as well! And just to make it ABSOLUTELY CLEAR to the M$ employee reading this right now, it is totally legal!!! It will only work if you have purchased the game.
-
Anonymous
2018-05-22T12:47:38+00:00 hey guys I might have found a fix but just have not had time to test it yet and also windows deleted my windows apps folder where I initially downloaded the game but if anybody could try this out and let me know whether it works it would be much appreciated.
-
Anonymous
2018-05-22T12:49:47+00:00 its actually 2 different methods but I would still like to know wether it works