Moving Forza Horizon 3 Game Data To Another PC

Anonymous
2016-09-29T06:20:46+00:00

Hi,

I have recently purchased Forza Horizon 3 on the Windows App Store on my Surface Pro 3. I downloaded it onto my Surface Pro 3 because i have access to NBN (faster internet) at work where i was able to download the game within an hour or so.

I want to copy the game data to a USB so i can then install the game on my home pc. I was unable to download the game on my home pc as my interent would take a week to download.

I have tried moving the data using the in built windows function Settings>System>Apps & Features then selecting Froza Horizon 3 and select move to my USB, but i get an error message "We couldnt move Forza Horizon 3. The operation did not complete successfully. Try again in a bit. The error code is 0x80073d0b, in case you need it".

I then tried by taking ownership of the Windowsapp folder and finding the game data "Microsoft.OpusPG_1.0.10.2_x64__8werkyb3d8bbwe". But when i try to copy and paste it onto my usb (which has plenty of space and is formatted in NTFS) it keeps telling me i need to "provide administrator permission to copy to this folder" i select continue and then prompts "you need permission to perform this action".

Doe sanyone know how i can copy the game data for Forza Horizon 3 to my home pc as i cannot download 50GB from home.

Regards,

Tim

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-01-08T16:08:57+00:00

    Bump.

    I want to keep a backup of the game also. I don't have infinite storage on my gaming PC and it's ludicrous demand that we download the full game every time we want to reinstall this or any Microsoft game. Damn, it's +50GB!

    Microsoft, please let us know a way to backup/restore games ASAP!

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-02-03T10:50:06+00:00

    LOL... Well done...

    • How were you trying to transfer the game?
    • A) He details two ways he tried to move the game. Have you heard of reading the question?
    • Were you using an external device? If yes, what kind of external device?
    • A) Does USB mean he was using an IDE cable or SATA cable? *facepalm*
    • Were you able to transfer a game from your Media PC to your Gaming PC before?
    • A) Considering he said he got the game recently... Also, NBN at work or leave the PC on at home for a week to download... The signs are pointing towards>> use the work net to download and USB the game home to PC.
    • Were there any error messages when you tried to transfer the said game? If yes, can you post a screenshot of the error?
    • A) He supplied the error code and besides, what is a screenshot going to tell you anyway... "yup it's not mac".

    I'm sorry but I thought there was a certain intelligence level required to be affiliated with Microsoft, such as being a forum moderator. Or is your job to ask the dumb questions like.. have you plugged it in yet?

    No offence but I find your queries insulting and outright unproductive.

    If there are any other moderators reading this, I would submit that "Carlos Tin" needs to be removed.

    But yes, I'm having the same drama except it's within the same machine, transporting it from an old HDD OS install to a new SSD OS install. 

    My optimism burnt me as I thought.. sure just click install and it'll figure out that there's already 60GB in there.

    When in reality it's more like  Step 1 > Wipe install location... GG

    ADSL1  ftw...  

    I'm just not willing to leave my PC on just to download data, particularly after data loss due to bad software design.

    A) power bill and B) component lifespan

    I miss the days where buying a game from a shop didn't mean having to download the whole thing anyway.

    Btw.. my old HHD died because windows kept the HDD usage at 100% (at idle) for about a month or so.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-03-14T18:40:02+00:00

    This is just insane, I have changed my OS SSD, and I can't use the FH3 files that I keep at my HDD with games....

    6 MONTHS LATER and we don't have any good solution with a army of developers...

    FH3 is the first game that I bought at Windows Store and for sure it will be the last one....

    It will take 3-4 days to download again the whole game...

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-04-14T15:02:25+00:00

    Wow. I was about to buy Forza because I wanted a racing game on my new PC, but I'm not buying something I can't download from somewhere else. Thanks for helping me make my decision to NOT buy the game.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-04-14T17:02:29+00:00

    It's not a perfect solution but you can download the installer file by finding the URL when Windows Store starts downloading using a free program like "Fiddler."

    For Forza Horizon 3, I downloaded the file with a download manager.  It was called -:

    Microsoft.OpusPG_1.0.54.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe.EAppx       (52.3GB)

    I can install it on any PC by starting the download in the Windows Store until it finishes "Acquiring License" and then cancelling the download.

    I then open Powershell and type this to install e.g. -:

    add-appxpackage "C:\Users<username>\Downloads\Microsoft.OpusPG_1.0.54.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe.EAppx"

    The game installed in about 10 minutes on my PC which is much better than waiting days for the download!!

    The game then runs (although it may need to download any game updates but they are usually small)

    Hope that helps!

    Damien

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments