Moving Forza Horizon 3 Game Data To Another PC

Anonymous
2016-09-29T06:20:46+00:00

Hi,

I have recently purchased Forza Horizon 3 on the Windows App Store on my Surface Pro 3. I downloaded it onto my Surface Pro 3 because i have access to NBN (faster internet) at work where i was able to download the game within an hour or so.

I want to copy the game data to a USB so i can then install the game on my home pc. I was unable to download the game on my home pc as my interent would take a week to download.

I have tried moving the data using the in built windows function Settings>System>Apps & Features then selecting Froza Horizon 3 and select move to my USB, but i get an error message "We couldnt move Forza Horizon 3. The operation did not complete successfully. Try again in a bit. The error code is 0x80073d0b, in case you need it".

I then tried by taking ownership of the Windowsapp folder and finding the game data "Microsoft.OpusPG_1.0.10.2_x64__8werkyb3d8bbwe". But when i try to copy and paste it onto my usb (which has plenty of space and is formatted in NTFS) it keeps telling me i need to "provide administrator permission to copy to this folder" i select continue and then prompts "you need permission to perform this action".

Doe sanyone know how i can copy the game data for Forza Horizon 3 to my home pc as i cannot download 50GB from home.

Regards,

Tim

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2016-11-06T16:28:35+00:00

    It's a stupid response to avoid the fact that all the major clients already SUPPORT doing backup.

    Origin allows you to move data, when you install the game it just checks the content and install it without downloading it again, provided you copy the game exactly as it is.

    Ubisoft client does exactly as Origin.

    Steam provides a full backup system that works perfectly fine and you can even do like Origin and copy the folder which will prompt Steam to "discovering existing files".

    GoG has the option of a direct download and an option to "download the installer"  which will be good for installing on multiple machines if you need to.

    So,  WHY is Microsoft the only one not caring about this?.  How dumb can you be?  Is it the same to download an 80GB game through a 4Mbits connection just because you want to play it on another PC than just taking your USB-HDD and making a backup?.

    They tried to port the Xbox One store into PC but they completely forgot that the PC does NOT BEHAVE like a console, and I have the Xbox One so I know what I'm talking about.

    PC Gamers need the backup option, we can't rely on a massive download each time we need to reinstall the operating system, it's dumb.  Each time someone replies "redownload the game"  is new evidence that people near silicon valley ignores the rest of the world.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-11-09T13:26:22+00:00

    I just read the comments, because I also wnated to copy the game to my Laptop without redwonloading it.

    Given answers:

    Thanks for the tip for the game data 100-150 mb Seriously??! And the game synchronizes itself!!!!

    Just redownload??!! That was the problem/question we do not want /can´t redownload it in a normal time!!!

    We want a complete game backup/restore option! Check out Steam from valve, click on steam (upper Left), and click the backup/restore option! <- That! We want exactly that!

    All other answer is unacceptable, or you just have to say that you do not want that!

    If you will add that option, the Windows store will have a real chance to coexist with Steam and the others.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-11-17T14:40:18+00:00

    Since you already purchased the game. You can simply download the game using another PC.

    Keep us posted.

    What a ludicrous post.. with that level of support I don't really know why I'm bothering to add to this.

    I've also bought FH3 on pc but with 1.8mb internet it'll take about 9-10 nights to download. Planned to send a USB stick to a friend for him to copy his game data - paste it over the top of my own windowsapps folder, then resume the download in my windows store.

    Steam/Origin as others have said would pick this up as data being present and carry on with the installation. 

    Does this mean that windows will just ignore this entirely and carrying on trying to download all 50gb? What an absolute waste of time this game is proving to be.. let alone all the performance issues I'll no doubt face if it ever is installed!

    Maybe I should just get a refund now...

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-11-30T19:43:07+00:00

    Let me just Bump this post and say this:

    Please do not offer more lame suggestions for re-downloading the game or backing up save game data!

    The OP (and my self) wants a way to backup the game, because downloading 50GB will still for some/most take a lot of time and possible money. For example for me 50GB costs 100$... 

    STEAM (and most others) is able to do this and so should Windows Store!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments