This is why I will never buy a microsoft game.
I hope you guys come to the conclusion that your way of doing things is backwards.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi,
I have recently purchased Forza Horizon 3 on the Windows App Store on my Surface Pro 3. I downloaded it onto my Surface Pro 3 because i have access to NBN (faster internet) at work where i was able to download the game within an hour or so.
I want to copy the game data to a USB so i can then install the game on my home pc. I was unable to download the game on my home pc as my interent would take a week to download.
I have tried moving the data using the in built windows function Settings>System>Apps & Features then selecting Froza Horizon 3 and select move to my USB, but i get an error message "We couldnt move Forza Horizon 3. The operation did not complete successfully. Try again in a bit. The error code is 0x80073d0b, in case you need it".
I then tried by taking ownership of the Windowsapp folder and finding the game data "Microsoft.OpusPG_1.0.10.2_x64__8werkyb3d8bbwe". But when i try to copy and paste it onto my usb (which has plenty of space and is formatted in NTFS) it keeps telling me i need to "provide administrator permission to copy to this folder" i select continue and then prompts "you need permission to perform this action".
Doe sanyone know how i can copy the game data for Forza Horizon 3 to my home pc as i cannot download 50GB from home.
Regards,
Tim
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
This is why I will never buy a microsoft game.
I hope you guys come to the conclusion that your way of doing things is backwards.
Origin is doing a MUCH better job that Microsoft with their store, for sure !
Sure between harddrives .. although even this didn't work initially so must have been fixed since.
Not to a USB however and certainly not back again with someone elses downloaded data as it's all encrypted and stupid.
Thankfully everything you actually want to play is on Steam.. **** even EA do a better job with Origin!
Just go to Windows' APPS AND FEATURES window (press the start button/windows key and type "apps" when it slides up, it'll show apps and features) then go to HORIZON 3 and click "modify" and then click MOVE and move it to another drive.
Works perfectly fine, will take ~5-20 minutes depending on hard drive speed.
Enjoy
Let me just Bump this post and say this:
Please do not offer more lame suggestions for re-downloading the game or backing up save game data!
The OP (and my self) wants a way to backup the game, because downloading 50GB will still for some/most take a lot of time and possible money. For example for me 50GB costs 100$...
STEAM (and most others) is able to do this and so should Windows Store!