Moving Forza Horizon 3 Game Data To Another PC

Anonymous
2016-09-29T06:20:46+00:00

Hi,

I have recently purchased Forza Horizon 3 on the Windows App Store on my Surface Pro 3. I downloaded it onto my Surface Pro 3 because i have access to NBN (faster internet) at work where i was able to download the game within an hour or so.

I want to copy the game data to a USB so i can then install the game on my home pc. I was unable to download the game on my home pc as my interent would take a week to download.

I have tried moving the data using the in built windows function Settings>System>Apps & Features then selecting Froza Horizon 3 and select move to my USB, but i get an error message "We couldnt move Forza Horizon 3. The operation did not complete successfully. Try again in a bit. The error code is 0x80073d0b, in case you need it".

I then tried by taking ownership of the Windowsapp folder and finding the game data "Microsoft.OpusPG_1.0.10.2_x64__8werkyb3d8bbwe". But when i try to copy and paste it onto my usb (which has plenty of space and is formatted in NTFS) it keeps telling me i need to "provide administrator permission to copy to this folder" i select continue and then prompts "you need permission to perform this action".

Doe sanyone know how i can copy the game data for Forza Horizon 3 to my home pc as i cannot download 50GB from home.

Regards,

Tim

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-12-14T06:31:46+00:00

    I can't believe after all this time there is no backup function in the Store. To make matters worse, my machine downloaded and installed a Windows update last night and it broke my Store while my Forza was 90% done downloading.

    Now when I try to continue with the download, I get a 0x80070005 error.

    I have a 6mb/s line, so to download the whole 55GB again, is gonna take forever. This is really unacceptable.

    Is there no way to transfer game files between PC's? I downloaded the game on my laptop and would like to transfer it to my desktop PC. It is the very same account that's running on both machines.

    I really hope there is a solution for this problem and we get a backup function.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-11-18T07:57:34+00:00

    Thanks for the heads up :) I only have FH3.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-11-17T11:32:51+00:00

    Unfortunately this doesn't work with Forza (at least not with FM7), BUT, I found a way of downloading the installer separatedly, it's explained on Forza Reddit, called the fiddler method. I'll not link it here, because legal stuff, but should be easy to find. As a result, I was finally able to download FM7 demo, and eventually decided to purchase the full game.

    See Microsoft, you only earned one more sale EXCLUSIVELY because of "alternative" methods to download your product. Locking is bad, learn that once and for all!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-11-16T23:31:50+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-11-09T18:34:53+00:00

    I also will no longer be buying microsoft games due to this major flaw.... I cannot transfer to other computers in my household!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments