Moving Forza Horizon 3 Game Data To Another PC

Anonymous
2016-09-29T06:20:46+00:00

Hi,

I have recently purchased Forza Horizon 3 on the Windows App Store on my Surface Pro 3. I downloaded it onto my Surface Pro 3 because i have access to NBN (faster internet) at work where i was able to download the game within an hour or so.

I want to copy the game data to a USB so i can then install the game on my home pc. I was unable to download the game on my home pc as my interent would take a week to download.

I have tried moving the data using the in built windows function Settings>System>Apps & Features then selecting Froza Horizon 3 and select move to my USB, but i get an error message "We couldnt move Forza Horizon 3. The operation did not complete successfully. Try again in a bit. The error code is 0x80073d0b, in case you need it".

I then tried by taking ownership of the Windowsapp folder and finding the game data "Microsoft.OpusPG_1.0.10.2_x64__8werkyb3d8bbwe". But when i try to copy and paste it onto my usb (which has plenty of space and is formatted in NTFS) it keeps telling me i need to "provide administrator permission to copy to this folder" i select continue and then prompts "you need permission to perform this action".

Doe sanyone know how i can copy the game data for Forza Horizon 3 to my home pc as i cannot download 50GB from home.

Regards,

Tim

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-05-23T08:22:49+00:00

    thanks a lot will definitely try this as soon as I can get access to a good uncapped internet connection because I do not have uncapped internet and data is quite expensive in South Africa. The cheapest mobile data bundles that I can find is R305.00 for 5Gb witch is $24.10 for 5Gb so to download 65Gb would cost me $313.30.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-05-23T08:21:40+00:00

    thanks a lot will definitely try this as soon as I can get access to a good uncapped internet connection because I do not have uncapped internet and data is quite expensive in South Africa. The cheapest mobile data bundles that I can find is R305.00 for 5Gb witch is $24.10 for 5Gb so to download 65Gb would cost me $313.30.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-05-22T17:46:02+00:00

    I made a tutorial based on that post from Reddit.  I managed to remove some extra steps that were not neccesary at all.

    Here is the link for Spanish speaking people.

    https://www.tecnogaming.com/2018/05/como-realizar-backups-de-juegos-de-microsoft-store/

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-05-22T12:49:47+00:00

    its actually 2 different methods but I would still like to know wether it works

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments